Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Trading for another WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/trading-for-another-wk2-48052.html)

gc4x4 09-27-2012 10:41 PM

Trading for another WK2

Ever since i got My 12' WK2 i loved it in general but it didn't have the options i wanted(like 4wd and key-less go etc) and while i did add a few options myself, its time that i just go ahead and just get a jeep that i will truly be happy with. I'm going to my friends dealership Friday morning to look at new Wk2s, i ve narrowed it down to Two:

bright silver 12' Laredo E 4x4 V6 with security and convenience package and a sunroof For $34k

13' bright white Laredo E v6 4x4 with security and convenience package w/o sun roof. for $33k

i may look at the Hemis as well..

He said he can get get me into either one for little to no loss on my current jeep and get me a good financing rate and knock the price down a bit. He's known my family for over 30 years and has always taken care of us.

He's got over 40 WK2s on his lot so im sure ill be be there all day lol he is personally overseeing my deal so im sure i will get what i want with no problem. i will keep everyone updated.:thumbsup:

jgc4ever 09-27-2012 11:05 PM

Re: Trading for another WK2

Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

JTS97Z28 09-27-2012 11:08 PM

Yeah if your looking to get additional options atleast get a Limited or something. With some sort of deer hookup a limited could be had for mid 30's plus tax and stuff. I know because I had two dealers willing to sell my sister a Limited V6 at that price.

jgc4ever 09-27-2012 11:13 PM

Yea, a Limited with Lux group and no other options would get you pretty much everything you would need and if you get it for 6500 off of MSRP or so that would be pretty great.

gc4x4 09-28-2012 04:21 AM

Im not dead set on those two vehicles just yet, I will be looking at a some laredo x's and few limiteds plus there is 40 wk2s to choose from, so I'll defiantly have a good selection.:)

Pillbucket 09-28-2012 05:19 AM

Oh my...hopefully out of the 40 or so there will be a few that do not warrant a "test" drive. :)

Scottina06 09-28-2012 07:26 AM

good luck!

MattE 09-28-2012 07:44 AM

If he's going to knock a huge pile of money off the MSRP, he will only be giving you wholesale for your trade. So be prepared to be disapointed! He can show you lots on trade for yours, if he keeps the new one at MSRP. He won't be ripping you off, he is correct. You can't get a heavily discounted price and then a retail price for yours on trade.

I bought a Laredo E for $27,500 and then purchased Overland Summit wheels for it. It looks great!

kkreit01 09-28-2012 11:50 AM

Seems like a poor trade, and a poor choice of colors, but that's just me. I'm guessing the prices you picked were MSRP? I'd pick an Altitude -- something significantly different than what you have.

CobraKyle 09-28-2012 12:08 PM

I have a Laredo E and I am happy with it overall. If I were to do it again, I'd get the Laredo with the E package, all weather group, security & convenience package, and the trailer/tow package.

I bought an E off the lot with the E package, security & convenience package, remote start, and sunroof. The only thing I don't have that I can't add is the upgraded transfer case that comes with the all weather group (the limited and overlands come standard with QTII - it's an option on the laredos). Having leather isn't important to me and if I want the nav or trailer hitch, I can add them later.

scooterha 09-28-2012 12:25 PM

cobrakyle: "I have a Laredo E and I am happy with it overall. If I were to do it again, I'd get the Laredo with the E package, all weather group, security & convenience package, and the trailer/tow package."

I like leather but not the factory leather that is offered, I like two-tone style leather. anyway I agree I would have at least gotten the all weather group, but until then.. I'll pay mine off and wait til the 2017's come out!

gc4x4 09-29-2012 02:51 PM

Its official, im going to wait until the 2014's come out before i trade, i really need to build up trade equity in this vehicle before i think about trading and besides i looked at alot of WK2s yesterday and i just couldn't justify being $7k upside down in my current jeep and have my payments jump to over $650 on a new one,id rather keep my jeep and stay at a comfortable payment level than let that happen.At least i now know what i want when the 14's come out. I think i made the smart decision to wait.