Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Bought another GC! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/bought-another-gc-48076.html)

Panerai 09-28-2012 09:24 AM

Bought another GC!
 
4 Attachment(s)
Hello to all,

Recently picked up another WK. I had an 06 Hemi Limited and made the mistake of selling it and buying a FJ. THe FJ was cool but drove like a truck of course and I really missed have something that drove more like a sports sedan. Last week I corrected that mistake and bought a really clean 09 Overland.

I have already started work on it with some debadging, 1" wheel spacers, shorty antenna, and plastic dip grill. Not happy with that outcome so I'm in search of a black painted grill. I had black roof rails left over from the 06 so I swapped them for the chrome ones.

It had some mods done by previous owner...Bilstein HD's and a Magnaflow catback. Love them both.

I also have on order for it Addco F&R sways, Superchips controller also the BT catch can arrived and hope to find time this weekend to get it installed. Not sure what I want to do with tire and wheel set up at this time, Not really a fan of the Chrome Clads but I do want to stay with 18" so considering wheels off a WK2 maybe.

Anyway really enjoy this site and all the great ideas and info it provides

Mike

Yillb 09-28-2012 09:29 AM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
it's pretty!!! ... i think i dislike the chrome more.. but awesome jeep!!!!!

I think the grill will look better, once you get rid of some of that chrome.

tfranzone 09-28-2012 11:54 AM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
looks real clean. congrats! good correction with the 09 wk over the fj.

i agree with swapping the grill... UNLESS.. you wanna try to throw a couple coats of the plasti dip glossifier over it... may match it better.

as for the wheels.. not a fan of chrome at all.. if you wanna stay with 18".. consider trying to find a set of 18" off a sahara. A few people have them, they look good.

good luck with the new wk.

covet66 09-28-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Looks sharp, I like the chrome wheels just can never get behind more than 5 spokes- guess I am old school at heart. I will be looking at newer style factory rims as well- want to fill the wheel wells of my 07 Overland with as much rubber as I can without a lift or spacers.

HemiDawg 09-28-2012 03:06 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Good looking Jeep - looks familiar!!:D

Don't listen to all of these chrome-haters!!

Unfortunately the S-Limited was covered in chrome, but it was well worth it to get the SRT seats.

I have actually been working on getting some of the chrome off of mine, but not going to waste the money on another set of wheels. Wheels would have been black originally if the wife hadn't been driving the WK at that time (she doesn't like black wheels :rolleyes:).

Bought my SRT grille from an online dealer new. Wasn't too bad and was already painted - matched up just fine.

Good luck with it!

Panerai 09-28-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by covet66 (Post 689883)
Looks sharp, I like the chrome wheels just can never get behind more than 5 spokes- guess I am old school at heart. I will be looking at newer style factory rims as well- want to fill the wheel wells of my 07 Overland with as much rubber as I can without a lift or spacers.

I'm with you on as much rubber as possible but not really sure you can add much without some kind of spacing. Proper offset wheel would work but I think that rules out any factory wheel. I would like to see some pics of WK's that have the newer factory rims on them..

Panerai 09-28-2012 03:34 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDawg (Post 689888)
Good looking Jeep - looks familiar!!:D

Don't listen to all of these chrome-haters!!

Unfortunately the S-Limited was covered in chrome, but it was well worth it to get the SRT seats.

I have actually been working on getting some of the chrome off of mine, but not going to waste the money on another set of wheels. Wheels would have been black originally if the wife hadn't been driving the WK at that time (she doesn't like black wheels :rolleyes:).

Bought my SRT grille from an online dealer new. Wasn't too bad and was already painted - matched up just fine.

Good luck with it!

Your ride looks good! I would keep your wheels too. I'm ok with some chrome but the grill looks so much better color matched and I wish the door handles were too.

Yillb 09-28-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
It's not so much that im a chrome hater.. the jeep has two three looks... awesome.. awesome offroad, and awesome fast.
HemiDawg, your chrome is not considered "chrome " as those wheels are just simply badass.
and with the op , i more or less mean the side trim " chrome " thing. Mine was chrome and i traded for the black sides ( and under skirt things ) i just throw some mothers on it, and it looks beautiful ( that's on a silver jeep though ) , guess it's all a matter of taste, regardless.. your jeep looks amazing as is, chrome and all :))

paroxysym 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
very clean... id prob bump up to a 20" rim if i was going to keep it stock height.... but thats just me. id look into some WK2 wheels like you said, or reconsider the rim size. i mean as you can see the viper reps look amazing or a set of SRT rims. depends on your preference- a set of irocs would look legit too, they come in an 18"

FJ rode like a truck? hmmmm love those things.

Panerai 10-01-2012 03:27 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 690980)
very clean... id prob bump up to a 20" rim if i was going to keep it stock height.... but thats just me. id look into some WK2 wheels like you said, or reconsider the rim size. i mean as you can see the viper reps look amazing or a set of SRT rims. depends on your preference- a set of irocs would look legit too, they come in an 18"

FJ rode like a truck? hmmmm love those things.

FJ DROVE like a truck but yea they are pretty cool!

I want to stay with 18" because it will still have some off road duty and I like a little sidewall. Irocs? I will have to search them out as I'm not familar.

stashgto 10-01-2012 04:10 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
I gave the FJ a ride before I brought my WK, and like you say I didn't like it. I like the chrome on your truck, but I understand I'm in a minority. If you decide to complete the chrome removal I'll take the chrome lip on the lower front off your hands. Meanwhile congrats, and enjoy she's a purty one.

DSRKVR 10-01-2012 09:08 PM

Re: Bought another GC!
 
Kinda unrelated, but with your experience from an '06 HEMI to the '09 HEMI, have you noticed the power difference?

Beautiful looking Overland.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community