Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Shopping a KK

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TJXJWJ 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! We're looking at an 09 Rocky Mountain KK. It's got under 40k and is for sale by an aquaintance. We know there's a very intermittent radio issue, but no issues other than that according to the owner. Any hints on what to look for on these? Any typical issues? Any and all advice welcomed. THANKS!

#2 ·
The drivetrain in those are bulletproof and have been used for over 10 years. I had mine for 36K miles with only the power steering pump blowing on me but even then I think that happen due to the deer that I hit that pushed some of the engine back a little. There maybe a shutter problem with the transmission which is common along the KK line up and it doens't happen often. If the owner didn't change out the plugs yet, you may feel some light knocking in the engine but that can be fixed by doing a tune up. Oh and if that KK is riding on those OEM SR-A (I think thats the name of it). Change them out the day you buy the truck. I'm not joking, at 10K miles those tires sucked on wet roads..... I didn't even think about going in the snow with them.

Oh and one more thing, make sure the recall is done on it. I think it was a water pump recall or something like that.

#3 ·
Once I get the VIN and take a closer look at it on Tuesday, I'll be sure to check the recall status on it. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.