Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   automotivespecialitysystem 2din bezel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/automotivespecialitysystem-2din-bezel-48151.html)

fester 09-29-2012 10:59 PM

automotivespecialitysystem 2din bezel

I've just seen the Automotive Speciality Systems double DIN bezel for the WJ however my concern is that there is nothing holding it in at the top given the locating clip holes are cut away from the dash frame and they also indicate their lugs may have toi be trimmed back. Given the only thing holding it in are the lower lugs does anyone have feedback on how well it actually sits in the dash.

I really like the idea and it looks good but if it does not fit perfectly and sit right permently then I may as bodgy up a standard one myself. I do a lot of offroading so my concern is it would continually rattle out at the top. Also their HU mounting brackets in their instruction sheet look a bit average, I'm hoping they are preproduction versions.

hoffmanestates 09-30-2012 12:40 PM

I like me a double din

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

fester 10-01-2012 05:28 AM

Re: automotivespecialitysystem 2din bezel

So you have one or want one??? If you have it what is the fit like, how well does it hold.

MogaJeep 10-22-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 690422)
I've just seen the Automotive Speciality Systems double DIN bezel for the WJ however my concern is that there is nothing holding it in at the top given the locating clip holes are cut away from the dash frame and they also indicate their lugs may have toi be trimmed back. Given the only thing holding it in are the lower lugs does anyone have feedback on how well it actually sits in the dash.

I really like the idea and it looks good but if it does not fit perfectly and sit right permently then I may as bodgy up a standard one myself. I do a lot of offroading so my concern is it would continually rattle out at the top. Also their HU mounting brackets in their instruction sheet look a bit average, I'm hoping they are preproduction versions.

So you are telling me they are charging over $100 for the bezel and it actually doesn't clip into anything at the top!?! Sorry I'm just shocked b/c if that is the case then this is a prototype and shouldn't be sold as a finished product.

I couldn't tell from their site and the pictures because they have no picture of the back part of the bezel.

If that is the case I would buy the new bezel and remove and attach the factory clips to the new bezel so they pop into the existing holes.

I am trying to find a good solution for this myself, if I come across anything I'll keep you posted.

And if those existing spots for the clips need to be cut out, then this bezel is GARBAGE and shouldn't be considered a solution IMO.

fester 10-22-2012 07:22 PM

Then you should download their installation instructions. It shows you how the clip holes and top of the dash support are cut away. So that is my concern nothing at the top holding it in place. Might be ok on the road but not for extended wheeling or washboard roads as I think you call them.