Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Thinking of doing something fun with the exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/thinking-of-doing-something-fun-with-the-exhaust-4820.html)

Relwarc 12-16-2009 08:53 AM

Thinking of doing something fun with the exhaust

http://www.ecklers.com/images/vette/A2094.jpg

Those are 1963 corvette exhaust bezels.... They are SUPPOSED to come through the rear bumper of the 'vette.

Im thinking, do something like Kyle, but take those two pipes and cut them through the side body molding. (you know the plastic "body kit")

So imagine those painted black, turned sideways, and exiting the side of the jeep at an angle.. Ideas?

Robert Palmer 12-16-2009 09:00 AM

Re: Thinking of doing something fun with the exhaust

The side exhaust exit is cool but I wouldnt do it because I would be having people get burnt by the tips. LOL

Its all up to you. I like the idea though.

Relwarc 12-16-2009 09:03 AM

the tips are going to be flush with the body kit dealy, nothing is going to stick out.

but you're right, its a definite possibility.

Chaoul1 12-16-2009 09:49 AM

In front of the rear wheel or behind it? I think Behind it would look good!

Relwarc 12-16-2009 10:33 AM

well i was planning on in front, because thats where the side skirts are. but behind might be a good idea too... hmmm

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-16-2009 10:43 AM

that's something I've thinking about doing also but I'm afriad of choking people next to me in traffic with the fumes and also behind the rear wheel is a much better exit point IMO

TimmyB 12-17-2009 04:11 PM

I'd be concerned with the heat, from the pipes and exhaust coming out. Might be tight up to the underside of the car and then might melt the plastic side skirt. Plus if you ever wanted to change it around you have two holes cut out in your side skirt to deal with. Just do a dual out the rear, that always looks bad ass.

Micallef 12-17-2009 08:47 PM

all for the idea bro,

only way to see how it will look and work is to try it, care to test it out haha,

the one most important thing to be careful of is what timmy said would be the heat, get some heat protection and drill some big holes hahahaha

Micallef 12-17-2009 08:48 PM

okay on a more serious note, good idea, but i would not drill anything through my bumper, just have them pointed out the bottom, still and will always look and sound good!

TimmyB 12-17-2009 09:19 PM

I think he was thinking of having them exit thru the side in front of the rear wheel.

If your asking opinions, I dont like it personally. I like things symetrical, thats why I HAD to do the dual srt exhaust on mine. I would however think it would be cool looking if you had one exhaust tip coming out on each side of the car before the rear wheel.

hemi.jon 12-17-2009 09:42 PM

side pipes in the lower skirt is what i wanted to do when i found some headers, but there is a guy who had a post on the "old" jeep site. when he converted his Jeep to LPG he had them side mounted on the rear bumper. looked good..ill try to find the picture

Scottina06 12-17-2009 09:58 PM

hmmm.....could be interesting...but I dont know of a space large enough to put those exhaust bezels unless you get the SRT/Mopar skirts.....and then it will be a tight fit on them....