Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Gauge Cluster Stopped Working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/gauge-cluster-stopped-working-48236.html)

Chas 10-01-2012 08:30 PM

Gauge Cluster Stopped Working

So about 30 minutes ago I was coming to a stop light and my gauge cluster lit up like a Christmas tree with every possible warning light coming on. My speedometer wouldn't work nor my revo's. The information center said "Check Gauges". The Jeep still drove but I couldn't see my revs nor my speed, radio wouldn't work nor was my key fob able to lock or unlock my Jeep. Manual doesn't give any indication and general searches so far haven't yielded anything. When I turned the Jeep off my cluster remained lit up as well as the radio dials and buttons even once the Jeep was locked and all other lights off. Almost was like the cluster froze. Disconnected the battery and let it reset and seems things are ok now. Drove it around the block for about 10 minutes with no issues. Anyone have any experience with this or ever had this happen to them? Its a 2010 with about 58,000 miles, 3.7L Laredo.

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-01-2012 10:42 PM

Re: Gauge Cluster Stopped Working

check to see if your battery is low

Chas 10-02-2012 08:00 AM

I'll have it checked out today, seems through more searching that the battery might be the cause. I bought it used at 40,000 miles and believe its the original battery.

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-02-2012 01:15 PM

definately check the battery because when the batteries in the WK start to run low they start throwing all kinds of warning lights

05ltdhemi 10-02-2012 06:24 PM

i have the issue of all the lights coming on and off. gauge needles drop and then come back up. mine says service electric brake system. head lights flash also. then all of the sudden everything goes back to normal. any ideas?

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-02-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ltdhemi (Post 691520)
i have the issue of all the lights coming on and off. gauge needles drop and then come back up. mine says service electric brake system. head lights flash also. then all of the sudden everything goes back to normal. any ideas?

did you read the post directly above the one you just made?

05ltdhemi 10-02-2012 06:48 PM

i did. but im not having the problem of my key fob not working nor the lights staying on after turning the vehicle off. will do.

JMLoughrey 10-03-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ltdhemi (Post 691531)
i did. but im not having the problem of my key fob not working nor the lights staying on after turning the vehicle off. will do.

Check your battery, double check your battery, the check it again. The WK is a sensitive little beast when it comes to batteries.

chrispmnm 12-19-2012 09:19 PM

I have had the same issue numerous times. I just switched out the battery and hasn't happened since...Keeping my figures crossed.

brentwoodkris 12-20-2012 12:28 PM

Check in this order: battery, multifunction stalk, ignition switch.