Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Srt rims (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/srt-rims-4824.html)

Matteo 12-16-2009 03:01 PM

Srt rims

SRT 8 rims on a 2005 wk 5.7

Will these fit on without any mods or adjustments??

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-16-2009 04:01 PM

Re: Srt rims

direct fit :)

Matteo 12-16-2009 04:12 PM

supposedly my mom called jeep today and they told her that the 4wd on the car would be disabled my installing thse rims and that i would HAVE to get the car lowered and would HAVE to get new brake or brake calipers.... so idk

robpp 12-16-2009 04:15 PM

look around here dude. there are MANY people with srt8 rims on every year WK and evern WJ and NOT ONE has an issue.

a dealer is there to sell you stuff, i wouldnt expect any different answers......

btw; every time I ever go to the stealer, they are lined up asking me questions about what fits what, or how did i get xxxxx to fit.

one of the biggest ones was the grill, they didnt understand when i told them we take them apart and swap the innards so we can then resell them.....

i might equate asking a dealer for advice to asking your priest about abortion..........

speed"n"jeep05 12-16-2009 04:15 PM

noooo not true doesnt do anything to your jeep but make it look sweet....i think shes trying to talk you out of them..just a thought!!!!!!j/k

rvtifer 12-16-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 117452)
supposedly my mom called jeep today and they told her that the 4wd on the car would be disabled my installing thse rims and that i would HAVE to get the car lowered and would HAVE to get new brake or brake calipers.... so idk

Not sure having your mum checking this out for you is the best strategy. ;) The rims, OE or reproductions, will make a big difference for sure. Go for it.

Robert Palmer 12-16-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The things dealers say kills me.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-16-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

LMAO that is some funny azz chit man ... and people wonder I never go to the stealership for anything hahahahahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 117453)
look around here dude. there are MANY people with srt8 rims on every year WK and evern WJ and NOT ONE has an issue.

a dealer is there to sell you stuff, i wouldnt expect any different answers......

btw; every time I ever go to the stealer, they are lined up asking me questions about what fits what, or how did i get xxxxx to fit.

one of the biggest ones was the grill, they didnt understand when i told them we take them apart and swap the innards so we can then resell them.....

i might equate asking a dealer for advice to asking your priest about abortion..........

thanks Rob you just had me laughing like an idiot at work with ur last comment lmao

LTrainGC 12-16-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 117467)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The things dealers say kills me.

Hahaha I was just about to post the same thing.... some of these dealers out there are ridiculous.

Matteo 12-16-2009 04:55 PM

hahahah ok thanks ill be informing my parents that rightt away lol....

yea for some reason this dealership blowsss i brought my car in to get fully checked out of all its problems... they gave it back to me with the glove compartment still stiff as hell (broken randomly) and the back windshield sprayer wont spray.. I hear this motor sound running when i hold it down but nothing comes out.... HELPP!!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-16-2009 04:59 PM

first tip stop going there lmao

as for the srt8 rims check ebay can find replicas for so much cheaper bro and on top of that like mentioned earlier no stealership plus a lot of people here can you help with any problems you are having with the jeep ...

sorry to hear bout ur bad experience keep us posted

08Hemi 12-16-2009 05:16 PM

I know Nate had the same issue with the glove box strut (among others, and Nate's is an 09) so it seems this is a common WK problem...as for the rear sprayer IDK, but it is a good sign that is it making noises when you push the button. Does it pull fluid from the same resevoir as the front windshield? Or does it have a seperate tank?