Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Seamless Blind Spot - Side Fisheye Mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/seamless-blind-spot-side-fisheye-mirrors-48280.html)

Mav44 10-02-2012 10:42 PM

Seamless Blind Spot - Side Fisheye Mirrors

I love my Laredo X but it has a nasty blind spot on the driver side and pretty bad one the passenger side. I wish they had added the side turn indicators on the body of the car. That would have looked sharp.

I have decided to add some of the fisheye little blind spot mirrors to my side mirrors. I like the look of some of the Ford seamless mirrors I am seeing on models like the Edge. Does anyone know where I can find something like this for my GC? All the eBay and Wal-Mart ones have big frames around them and look like something a four year old glued to the side of your car.

amill 10-03-2012 06:56 AM

Re: Seamless Blind Spot - Side Fisheye Mirrors

I don't have them and I have no issues. You aren't supposed to setup your mirrors to see the side of your car. They need to be turned out so they show your blind spot. Cars should move from your rear view mirror to your side mirrors. By the time most of the car is out of your side mirror you'll be able to see it out of your front driver/passenger window.

Red G8R 10-03-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amill (Post 691711)
I don't have them and I have no issues. You aren't supposed to setup your mirrors to see the side of your car. They need to be turned out so they show your blind spot. Cars should move from your rear view mirror to your side mirrors. By the time most of the car is out of your side mirror you'll be able to see it out of your front driver/passenger window.

Very correct. I know they have it wrong when you can see the driver's face when I'm directly behind them. :eek:

eibyer 10-03-2012 09:41 AM

I tried the suggested setup for the side mirrors but it made me feel disoriented which I think is more dangerous. I went back to the way I'm comfortable with and stuck an addon mirror from amazon.

andyh 10-03-2012 10:08 AM

Having your mirrors setup correctly after years of having them wrong takes a little getting used to. It's worth the effort to make the change.

Tybalt39 10-03-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 691791)
Having your mirrors setup correctly after years of having them wrong takes a little getting used to. It's worth the effort to make the change.

+1

After having them properly setup for about 8 months, I could not go back to the way I used to use them. If you are concerned about backing-up, make the change in the EVIC to automatically reposition the mirrors when in reverse. This tilts them in and down, so you can better see the back end of the vehicle when backing-up.

Schweibs 10-03-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 691796)
If you are concerned about backing-up, make the change in the EVIC to automatically reposition the mirrors when in reverse. This tilts them in and down, so you can better see the back end of the vehicle when backing-up.

Uhh is this only on Limited and higher up GC's?

Tybalt39 10-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweibs (Post 691799)
Uhh is this only on Limited and higher up GC's?

See this thread...

BobsWK2 10-03-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav44 (Post 691634)
I love my Laredo X but it has a nasty blind spot on the driver side and pretty bad one the passenger side. I wish they had added the side turn indicators on the body of the car. That would have looked sharp.

I have decided to add some of the fisheye little blind spot mirrors to my side mirrors. I like the look of some of the Ford seamless mirrors I am seeing on models like the Edge. Does anyone know where I can find something like this for my GC? All the eBay and Wal-Mart ones have big frames around them and look like something a four year old glued to the side of your car.

Looks like you are low on ink.

padgett 10-04-2012 07:59 AM

The WK2 has a ginormous rear blind spot ("limited viewing area"). I installed a switch to turn the rear camera on.

On the RV I have a wedge mirror, more concentrated viewing than a fisheye.+++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Out Of Cheese Error +++

Tybalt39 10-04-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 692253)
.+++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Out Of Cheese Error +++

Pratchett fans unite!:lol::lol::D OOOK!