Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Fun in the mud! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/fun-in-the-mud-48284.html)

savvas 10-03-2012 01:35 AM

Fun in the mud!
 
2 Attachment(s)
As happy as a pig in sh?t!

This is taken in Newnes State Forest last Monday, near the Lost City. We couldnt get to the Lost City itself as there was a large fallen tree blocking the track about 100 metres beyond this point.

AussieJeep 10-03-2012 03:44 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Courageous, thats what I think, look at all that water coming over your bonnet, one gulp of it down your air intake and its goodnight Irene.;)
Looks like you had a lot of fun, by the way how did the Jeep go in the mud, do you have aftermarket tyres? thanks.

savvas 10-03-2012 04:20 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieJeep (Post 691677)
Courageous, thats what I think, look at all that water coming over your bonnet, one gulp of it down your air intake and its goodnight Irene.;)
Looks like you had a lot of fun, by the way how did the Jeep go in the mud, do you have aftermarket tyres? thanks.

Yep it was all good. I had the tyres upgraded by the dealer to Cooper AT/3's before delivery.

With regards to the air intake, I discovered exactly what that little rubber seal under the leading edge of the bonnet is for. All around that area in the engine bay got some water and mud in it, but not one dropped entered the air intake. Big tick for Jeep on that one.

AAAA 10-03-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Nice action photo.

Aiyer 10-04-2012 01:01 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Great pics! Me likes it!! Where is the picture of the fallen tree? ;)

GlennR 10-04-2012 05:07 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 691680)
Yep it was all good. I had the tyres upgraded by the dealer to Cooper AT/3's before delivery.

With regards to the air intake, I discovered exactly what that little rubber seal under the leading edge of the bonnet is for. All around that area in the engine bay got some water and mud in it, but not one dropped entered the air intake. Big tick for Jeep on that one.

I rest my freakin case!!! (Posted my arguement with the dealer a month or so ago who said that same seal doesn't feature on export models) Awesome action shots and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the wash is directed away from the winscreen, unlike my last Paj that did the opposite and blinded you for a second or two.

savvas 10-04-2012 05:56 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyer (Post 692183)
Great pics! Me likes it!! Where is the picture of the fallen tree? ;)

Here's the tree (not a great photo). Also some morning after shots.

savvas 10-04-2012 06:00 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 692212)
I rest my freakin case!!! (Posted my arguement with the dealer a month or so ago who said that same seal doesn't feature on export models) Awesome action shots and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the wash is directed away from the winscreen, unlike my last Paj that did the opposite and blinded you for a second or two.

Same thing used to happen with the Jackaroo where the wash would hit the windscreen and blind you momentarily. It didnt happen with the GC.

Mate, you can use my post to take the argument further with the dealer.

bit50 10-04-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Fun in the mud!
 
Awesome!! thanks for sharing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community