Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   covered by warranty? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/covered-by-warranty-48288.html)

volotage 10-03-2012 04:54 AM

covered by warranty?

Hey noticed the other day that a stone has flicked up and put a small chip in the Chrome on the grill. Unlucky and not much I could do about it. On sunday I noticed that the small chip has now caused the chrome to bubble away from the grill forming a bubble in the chrome about the size of a 50 cent piece (will post pics later). Initially I thought too bad so sad but my brother seems to think it would covered under warranty under, what go guys think, unlucky or chat to the dealer?

robpp 10-03-2012 09:55 AM

Re: covered by warranty?

any warranty work is very dependent on a particular dealer.

however......IMO they will point to the scratch as the cause of anything further......and that will not be covered.

but stranger things have happened.......what trouble is there to ask.

goood luck.

Duff Daddy 10-03-2012 09:01 PM

Its not in the dealers hands. they warranty the part, ship it back, warranty dpt will inspect the parts and either accept and pay the claim or decline and charge back the dealer for it. Any physical damage isnt covered. Your warranty ONLY covers MANUFACTURERS DEFECT in material or workmanship.

robpp 10-03-2012 09:07 PM

You would have to get the dealer to start the process, no? Or is there a website :D

volotage 10-09-2012 03:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't spoken 2 the dealer yet, ill speak to them when they call about the reverse camera which was never installed and apparently on back order since I picked my car up on 31 Aug.

Here's a pic of the damage

mm1964 10-09-2012 05:33 AM

Gee I would never have expected that a tiny chip would end up creating damage like that in such a short period of time.

ENFORCER 10-09-2012 05:22 PM

With the force of wind and water while driving has forced the chrome to lift. It is only going to get worse.
I doubt they will do a warranty on it. I would sand back the bubble and wrap the grille in chrome wrap or matt black. Do not pay the dealer what they will ask for a grille. You can get them online much cheaper.

Duff Daddy 10-09-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volotage (Post 694378)
Haven't spoken 2 the dealer yet, ill speak to them when they call about the reverse camera which was never installed and apparently on back order since I picked my car up on 31 Aug.

Here's a pic of the damage

when the wk first came out with the fobik key.... the remote starts were on back order from feb1 until sept/oct of that year............