Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   Thinking about dropping in some long tubes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/thinking-about-dropping-in-some-long-tubes-48315.html)

viking757 10-03-2012 07:04 PM

Thinking about dropping in some long tubes

Im leaning towards OBX with the catted mids(I know I know but for the price you cant beat it). I will also be putting in a wideband. More than likely the innovate MTX line. Im doing this because eventually I want to run a supercharger...Quick question though where should I weld the wideband bung?

AsianRiderSRT8 11-20-2012 05:23 PM

Re: Thinking about dropping in some long tubes

you're gay.

viking757 11-29-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsianRiderSRT8 (Post 713636)
you're gay.

Thanks mike!:thumbsup:

I have my answer anyways...Ill be welding it driver side Pre-cat

05wkguy 11-30-2012 01:10 PM

You'll want it as close to the engine as possible for the fastest heat up, but not so close as to only be reading from one tube.

viking757 12-03-2012 07:38 PM

Thank you!

Naldo 12-19-2012 06:09 AM

So I have a similar plan for mine but no sc, anytime soon, just a cam, why is there so much negative on the obx headers...I'm not familiar with the brand and other than the cheap price I can't really see the difference from the almost 3x more expensive brands...? All I can find is that they are knockoffs but if you ask me everything is a knock off nowadays, to me there's no real original product just different versions of the same...

bigrpowr 12-19-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naldo (Post 726465)
So I have a similar plan for mine but no sc, anytime soon, just a cam, why is there so much negative on the obx headers...I'm not familiar with the brand and other than the cheap price I can't really see the difference from the almost 3x more expensive brands...? All I can find is that they are knockoffs but if you ask me everything is a knock off nowadays, to me there's no real original product just different versions of the same...

ones a knockoff from china, ones an original made in america.

Naldo 12-19-2012 12:30 PM

I shop at walmart...lol, so is there any real performance or quality issues?

viking757 12-23-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naldo (Post 726557)
I shop at walmart...lol, so is there any real performance or quality issues?

Nope from all the research I have done I'd go with OBX and call it a day. I don't have a problem buying American, but at double the cost china wins this time. Just remember to get the good mopar OEM exhaust manifold gaskets and don't use the ones that come with the headers.

Naldo 12-25-2012 06:19 AM

Got it...thanks!