Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Remote start alarms? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/remote-start-alarms-4833.html)

Chris 12-16-2009 09:17 PM

Remote start alarms?

Besides you guys with remote start from the factory, which aftermarket remote start alarms are you guys using, what do you like / dislike about them, etc? Trying to find a good one that doesn't break the bank, but still has the basic remote start, paging, and room for some extra stuff.

Robert Palmer 12-16-2009 09:26 PM

Re: Remote start alarms?

If you can spend the money, I would go with the Viper 5902. I love Viper alarms.

I plan on getting one hooked up soon.

Scottina06 12-16-2009 09:29 PM

I always heard anything made by DEI is a good product. I know they make the Viper alarms and many others

A-Mart 12-16-2009 09:40 PM

I hear Compustar is good

Robert Palmer 12-16-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Mart (Post 117578)
I hear Compustar is good

I like Compustar also. The only thing with them is that the key fob is bulky, whereas the Viper has a nice sleek design. Some people complain about the Compustar because of that reason (cough....Mario......cough :D). I do not see a problem with it but hey everyone has their own personal preferences.

Motteler621 12-16-2009 09:57 PM

would you guys ever install your own remote start, do you think it would interfere with any of the overhead consule unit stuff?

Chris 12-16-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 117571)
If you can spend the money, I would go with the Viper 5902. I love Viper alarms.

I plan on getting one hooked up soon.

That looks BADASS! I had a viper vx791 (i think that was the model) and it was one of their first paging units installed on my first mazda6.. I loved it but the shop I went to charged the shit out of me to install it!

I found the 5902 for $339, that doesn't seem too bad at all actually, would just need to find somewhere to get it installed that would be fair and not overcharge the hell out of me again, lol!

Matt 12-16-2009 10:06 PM

Install that shit yoself!

Chris 12-16-2009 10:09 PM

Shit, that might be a little out of my league bro! When and IF I get it, I will have to check it out. Seems like it would be a PITA though!

Matt 12-16-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 117597)
Shit, that might be a little out of my league bro! When and IF I get it, I will have to check it out. Seems like it would be a PITA though!

Yeah, I'm sure it's slightly more complicated than plugging in a lamp.

At then end of the day though, it's just wires. They all go somewhere. I'm sure you could find directions online (or maybe it will come with some). You could also probably contact DEI's tech department and have them help you if you get stuck.

I'm sure a shop or a BB will charge an arm and a leg to install. I know sometimes they run those free install with purchase deals... may want to keep you eyes open for that.

Matt 12-16-2009 10:12 PM

What the hell do you need remote start for in Texas!?

Chris 12-16-2009 10:13 PM

Yeah i have seen some of those deals, thing is they mark the price up 50% to cover the "free" installation.. Hmm more research to do!