Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Seatbelt chime!!! pls help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/seatbelt-chime-pls-help-48400.html)

Yillb 10-05-2012 07:18 AM

Seatbelt chime!!! pls help

Hey guys, i have a 06 laredo. I go to put my seatbelt in the female end, and nothing happens. It's not taking the male end. I KNOW what's wrong with it, and i know what part is jammed in their. Ive tried to fix it.. it's not happening. Now, if i push the button down, i can put the belt in their. However, that won't stop the chime, so it's not registering that it's in the hole.

Anyone know how to get this chime to go away ? at least until i can make my way down to a dealership ? maybe a fuse or something ?

thanks guys.

Panerai 10-05-2012 07:51 AM

Re: Seatbelt chime!!! pls help

Look in your owners manual. It should tell you how to deprogram it to turn it off. There is a sequence of things you have to do..

Good luck

Mike

JMLoughrey 10-05-2012 08:27 AM

I beleive there is also a how to posted somewhere on this forum. One of the how to sections will have it.

dr.lee.baugh 10-05-2012 09:54 AM

Here's the How To:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/wk-se...sable-464.html

It looks like you have to go through a series of steps that include buckling and un-buckling the seat belt...so, if yours is not registering when it is buckled you may be SOL. Worth a try though.

JMLoughrey 10-05-2012 10:34 AM

You may also want to check into your local states laws/ Jeeps Warrenty on the seatbelt systems. I know on my nissan xterra nissan had a 10 year unlimited miles warrenty on all the entire seatbelt system.

Yillb 10-05-2012 11:22 AM

hey guys, thanks for the feedback.. the seatbelt system on the jeep is standard 3 / 36000 miles / years. As far as the oweners manual, i am aware of the system you must follow.. however, if the jeep seatbelt doesn't work .... i can't do those steps.. as i mentioned in my first post, it doesn't register as it being plugged in ( and i have to force it in anyways ) so my ultimate question, per the first post was if their was a way to turn off the dinger under my circumstances. the dealer wants 300 bucks for the part + install.. i called chrystler, as im not about to pay 300 bucks on a car with 20k miles on it, that hasn't even had it's first payment made -_-, But still, thanks for the input guys.

tom58 10-05-2012 11:47 AM

there must be at least 2 cables going into the female part. if you cut them and put them together it should do the job

Yillb 10-05-2012 12:10 PM

Thanks Tom, i don't know if this is just words being spit from them, or what. But, they said if i do anything to alter it without using their method, they will put a " Do Not " on my vin, saying that i altered factory saftey equipment, which means they won't allow any work to be done at a dealership as long as im impeding the use of saftey equipment the way it was intended to be used. never heard of such a thing.

I called Chrystler, and they said to ask politely and see if they will do it for free.. as the car is only 3 weeks old * purchased from them * it's not brand new.

TJXJWJ 10-05-2012 12:12 PM

I could have sworn there was a way to shut the chime off through the settings. The same settings you would use to shut off your horn when you're locking your doors, or headlight flash, etc. Maybe not though.

If you've got something jammed in the female end and it won't take the male end without force, you need to start looking for another Jeep. Clearly this one is cheating on you. Especially if she used to register that you were in the hole, and now she doesn't even know you're there. Know what I mean bro? Cut your losses...you don't need a rash.

Yillb 10-05-2012 12:39 PM

bahahah. I checked the other settings.. no way to turn off the seatbelt chime, and chrystler was very clear on saying they will not help me, nor will the accept me turning it off any other way than their standard method ( listed in the booklet ) . meh, i don't know. Im supposed to go meet with the rep at the dealership at three.

Im looking at it as the car is 3 weeks old, the sealbelt doesn't work, the windows do their own thing, the break lights keep going out and on as they please, random dash lights come on as they please, and a few other small things, which i don't mind fixing. But, when i cant let my pregnant fiance drive a truck that's just been purchased, then it becomes an issue. I'll either let them fix it, or tell them to take the thing back. just to many issues :(

HemiDawg 10-05-2012 01:51 PM

I cannot believe a dealer would take the risk of legal action not to repair this for free, although on the other hand "I" would not take the risk not to fix it because of having to pay for it.

There has got to be some government regulation mandating the company fix this.

JMLoughrey 10-05-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yillb (Post 692897)
bahahah. I checked the other settings.. no way to turn off the seatbelt chime, and chrystler was very clear on saying they will not help me, nor will the accept me turning it off any other way than their standard method ( listed in the booklet ) . meh, i don't know. Im supposed to go meet with the rep at the dealership at three.

Im looking at it as the car is 3 weeks old, the sealbelt doesn't work, the windows do their own thing, the break lights keep going out and on as they please, random dash lights come on as they please, and a few other small things, which i don't mind fixing. But, when i cant let my pregnant fiance drive a truck that's just been purchased, then it becomes an issue. I'll either let them fix it, or tell them to take the thing back. just to many issues :(

You may want to brush up on your states lemon laws. After 3 weeks of purchasing a vehicle, from a jeep dealership (i'm guessing) you shouldnt be paying a dime out of pocket, most states are required to give you a 90 day/3k miles warrenty if you paid more then $5k for the vehicle. All of the items in my opinion are safety items and must be adressed promptly, they should also provide you with some kind of transportation, loaner or rental for the time you are without your "new to you" vehicle.