Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Is this a Quadralift Problem? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/is-this-a-quadralift-problem-48428.html)

James Cole 10-05-2012 08:55 PM

Is this a Quadralift Problem?

Hello Guys...

Just bought a used Overland 12 with 9k miles the truck seems perfect and very well taken care of...

One thing that I notice is that I can feel and hear some weird sounds coming from the air tanks apparently.... the best way I can describe it is that the noise starts like a very low sound and progressively sounds high pitched... this takes about a second... today it did it everytime I stopped in traffic (about 5 times) and now It doesnt from time to time...

I get no errors and the jeep goes up and down fine... only the noise which it is very noticeable...

Thanks in advance...

JC

Madanio24 10-05-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Is this a Quadralift Problem?

Open up the air intake and check the filter?

James Cole 10-05-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 693101)
Open up the air intake and check the filter?

No... it doesnt have anything to do with the Rpms... or the engine... I can hear it and feel it normally when at a stop light...

jp467 10-05-2012 11:08 PM

You will normally hear a quick air noise from the tank every once in a while but it should not be everytime you stop. Put it up to OR2 and see if it makes it this would tell you if there a problem.

James Cole 10-07-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 693156)
You will normally hear a quick air noise from the tank every once in a while but it should not be everytime you stop. Put it up to OR2 and see if it makes it this would tell you if there a problem.

It goes up without a problem....

How common are this noises and what do they mean?

jp467 10-07-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cole (Post 693722)
It goes up without a problem....

How common are this noises and what do they mean?

A quick noise from the tank which is under the back seat every once in a while is normal. If you hear it all the time it could indicate the system is low or has a leak. If it makes it to OR2 with no problem than it would seem the system is working.

James Cole 10-07-2012 10:35 PM

Noises occur two often in my opinion... sometimes 2 or 3 times in less than 5 minutes... Is there some sort of recall for this?

jp467 10-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cole (Post 693799)
Noises occur two often in my opinion... sometimes 2 or 3 times in less than 5 minutes... Is there some sort of recall for this?

The noise is air being transferred from the tank to the bags and from the bags back to the tank. When you put it up to OR1 or 2 you will hear it and every once in a while you will hear it when self leveling. On mine I will usually hear it once after start up and backing out of the driveway and if I drive 30 miles I may hear it once at a stop or sometimes not at all. So on given day driving to and from work 30 miles each way I may hear it a total of 3 times. If you are hearing it everytime you stop that does not sounds nomal that sounds like it is making up air all the time which could mean a leak. How often do you hear the compressor run?