Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Got attacked by WK randomness!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/got-attacked-by-wk-randomness-4845.html)

5.7Unlimited 12-17-2009 10:21 AM

Got attacked by WK randomness!!

Jeep Randomness at it's finest: It's -20C here and i'm Driving downhill I go to the passing lane and gas it, gets up to 80 (speeds are in KM/H) then the gas just cuts off as if I hit a governer and would not increase, I get to the bottom of the hill where there is a slight turn and my steering is heavy, I notice i'm rolling to a stop and then notice the engine is OFF lol. The little red oil can light is the only one lit so I bump it to N and try to start it... no dice when I turn the key, doesn't make a sound or anything. I put it in park and try again, same thing. I turn everything off wait for literally 3 seconds and try again and it starts. I then continue on as if nothing happened, no lights or anything. I have yet to do the key trick and check for codes.

Just happy I made it to work on time :D

p.s. I don't think the cold has anything to do with it because the 3 preceeding days had been around -35 to -40 and I keep it plugged in over night and let it warm up for 10 mins.

Chaoul1 12-17-2009 10:23 AM

Re: Got attacked by WK randomness!!

Maybe you hit the key with your knee making it turn off.

08Hemi 12-17-2009 11:13 AM

welcome to the club...its some scary shit esp when there are other cars around on the freeway! Took mine into the dealer and nothing out of the ordinary (and it was 60+ degrees at the time FYI)...glad you are ok dude

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...hlight=freeway

Robert Palmer 12-17-2009 11:59 AM

Cam Position Sensor

White WK Swagga 12-17-2009 12:52 PM

I guess jeeps must have a sense of humor. I've been driving and wiggled the f*ck out of the key to see if it would cut off but it didn't. That is pretty f*cking scary if you're on the hwy or going downhill.

RedRocker 12-17-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 117748)
I guess jeeps must have a sense of humor. I've been driving and wiggled the f*ck out of the key to see if it would cut off but it didn't. That is pretty f*cking scary if you're on the hwy or going downhill.

You have an '09. I believe the ignition switch was reconfigured in '08 to fix the 'hit key with knee' problem.

08Hemi 12-17-2009 01:35 PM

def it was scary...it is IMPOSSIBLE to hit your knee on the key in an 08+...unless you are 6'6"+ and sit up close.

Cam Position Sensor huh? I had the dealer look into that and they gave her a clean bill of health...no issues since so IDK WTF it was!

DAVY27 12-17-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 117757)
You have an '09. I believe the ignition switch was reconfigured in '08 to fix the 'hit key with knee' problem.

glad you are ok bro. how can one hit the key with the knee though, how tall do you have to be? lol.

Megatron 12-17-2009 02:13 PM

I'm 5'5. Is it possible I will hit the key. LMAO.

White WK Swagga 12-17-2009 02:18 PM

5'5"? No but you have a good chance at kicking the key with your foot. LMAO

Megatron 12-17-2009 02:41 PM

You might be possibly be correct there, for once.

5.7Unlimited 12-17-2009 03:07 PM

hahaha, I think maybe it's possible I hit it with my knee, but the oil light was on so that's kinda weird? either way, I gave her a few good revs to show it who's boss once I got it started :P