Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Hi! I'm new got a question about 20's on the overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/hi-im-new-got-a-question-about-20s-on-the-overland-48540.html)

silencex 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

Hi! I'm new got a question about 20's on the overland

Hi. As the subject states I'm new to this forum. Actually did some looking around for forums and this one seems to be the place to be. I'm not an owner of a jeep yet but will be as of tonight after I sign and all that fun stuff.
so as for my question. the dealer i'm getting from won't change out the 20's for the 18's. i'm actually not too happy about this. reason being is that i go fishing/beach alot so i'll be driving on sand. the option they gave me was to go buy the rims on my own on the side. i don't need 2 sets and don't want to go through the hassle of looking for a buyer and finding a set as well.

i did read one post on here with someone who has the overland with the 20's. but was wondering if there were others and how well the tires will do. i'm still a bit skeptical with going on the sand with 20's. the tires are the stock tires. all season 265/50. anyone with this driven on sand? i saw somewhere else in a few posts how it was horrible and caused gettin stuck or what not. so i guess pretty much based of this i'll probably go into the dealer and insist on getting 18's with the off/on road tires. or down grade to the limited but the interior of the overland is so suite its hard even thinking about dropping to the limited.

thanks for the help.

trelos78 10-09-2012 06:25 AM

Re: Hi! I'm new got a question about 20's on the overland

There are a lot of people in the forum that would probably swap their 18s for your 20s. Just list them in the for sale forum. You shouldn't have a problem.

silencex 10-09-2012 08:17 PM

thanks for the info. i picked up my gc last night and i must say that the 20's look nice!!! i'm just gonna stick with them. but i guess back to the other question. how does it run on the sand? lol

trelos78 10-10-2012 06:50 AM

I wouldn't know.....the ramp isn't wide enough to get into coney island beach!!! Lol
Some Australian owners have had experience in that department......check their threads.

Badassgrandcherokee 10-10-2012 07:22 AM

im in nj and wanna sell my 18's for cheap if you are interested

ColdCase 10-10-2012 08:04 AM

The dealer supplied OEM on/off road tires are not that good.

Its not the 20 inch size, but highway tread that may be the limits on sand.

All the OEMs have near the same size tire itself, smaller rims larger side wall.

Just air them down and on sand that is in relatively good shape, they will be OK.

Some tire dealer will take your OEM 20 inch tires on trade for a AT tire.

ihatecats78 10-14-2012 03:25 AM

I changed my OEM 20's out for 275/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's and the off road and snow difference was night and day. Still not as good as 18s for rocky trails, but these tires have taken everything I've thrown at 'em with no problem at all. I haven't spent any time in sand specifically, but if I got stuck in it, I would be very surprised.