Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

SOB. Driver side Lights a No Go!!

6K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Scottina06 
#1 · (Edited)
Just noticed this problem coming back from work.
1. Driver side taillight not working. Only driver's side light up only when signaling. Before anyone tells me it's a bulb :), i replaced it with a new one and same problem. :(
2. Also noticed driver side front signal bulb doesnt come on when fogs on but on when signaling.
3. License plate bulbs doesnt light up but it SIGNALS! when i turn on my signal lights. Right License bulb blinks when i signal right. Pretty neat i think :) lol

Earlier in the day i received 3157 leds bulbs supposedly for my reverse but it was the wrong bulb (921 for 07+ models). So i stuck it in the tails to see how it would look :) and took them back off. Not sure if this cause some sort of problem. Going to take it to the dealership 2morrow if anything. Anybody ever had this problem?

#3 ·
That is really random indeed!

I put some LED bulbs in my tails before, and they blew the brake light switch fuse. Perhaps its some kind of fuse, I don't know. Because you're running/parking/tail lights aren't working, which is the minor filament of the bulb. The major filaments are working because they are blinking. The license plate bulbs is a little crazy...LOL!

#9 ·
yea freakin 20 deg. right now! recheck everything, but most likely wasnt the swap. was working fine before i tried the LED bulb.

Check the bulb sockets and make sure they aren't melted/corroded. Also check all the other bulbs and make sure they are all working. I haven't had any light issus on my WK but I did have a few strange problems like you describe with my WJ.
Will do!
my third brake light works when it feels like it. sometimes it will go days without working while other times it works fine. anyone else have this problem?
thanks
heard of the same problem with the 3rd. Nate had it in his 09. Let me try and find the thread for ya.
That is really random indeed!

I put some LED bulbs in my tails before, and they blew the brake light switch fuse. Perhaps its some kind of fuse, I don't know. Because you're running/parking/tail lights aren't working, which is the minor filament of the bulb. The major filaments are working because they are blinking. The license plate bulbs is a little crazy...LOL!
Lol. It's pretty neat at night actually with the license plate bulbs. With the emergency signals on, they both blink lol. It's pretty cool actually.
this happened to me when i did the wiring for my hitch. after blowing 2 fuses everything worked fine.
I'm thinking its the fuses as well. Going to replace them and find out.
Do you have remote start? If so, tonight start it up and see if the front turns blink and then the minor filament stays on...after remote start the minor on those bulbs will remain lit and if they aren't then there is a def issue if both blink but do not stay illuminated
No, R/S but they all blink when signaling. Just doesnt stay on. Switched it around to the passenger side sockets and it worked perfectly.

#18 ·
#8 ·
Do you have remote start? If so, tonight start it up and see if the front turns blink and then the minor filament stays on...after remote start the minor on those bulbs will remain lit and if they aren't then there is a def issue if both blink but do not stay illuminated

#10 ·
is there a fuse for the front signal lamps?

#13 ·
thought left park lamp was the brake lights :) lol

#14 ·
I'd check the metal connections on the bulbs themselvs. like christmas lights if the connections arent touching corectly or touching something else it could short out.

#16 ·
WOOT! yea it was a fuse problem. Replaced the left parking lights with a 10 amp Red and everything back to normal :D. Only thing not on was the left license plate bulb :(. going to replace that fuse tomorrow cause i bought the wrong fuse :).

#20 ·
When I messed with installing led bulbs in the rear of my 05 WK I ran into issues. I blew fuses in the engine compartment, many times. I figured out resistors are needed, one 6ohm for each blinker bulb and one for each brake bulb. And thats with already having a 1.2 ohm resistor on each of my front dual led turn signal/parking light bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.