Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   be careful of freezing temps! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/be-careful-of-freezing-temps-4861.html)

B.P.O.D 12-18-2009 11:10 AM

be careful of freezing temps!

so this morning i decided to clean off a few bird poo spots on my hood and windshield and i didn't pay attention to the temp outside. it was 14 degrees at 8:10 am!!!

so i first hit the windshield(which already had rain-x on there) and i let the invisible glass dwell on the bird poop for about 30 secs and then went to wipe it off..

to my surprise the spray froze!!! i was able to wipe it off b/c the rainx was on the windshield but the bird poop came off like snow flakes! lolol

i said wtf let me try my hood and the bird poop on there!

as soon as the qd hit the hood, 5 secs later it froze! i didn't touch it b/c i didn't want to scratch my paint. hopefully it will melt sitting in the sun all day! it is 21 outside:(.

so what i am trying to say is if it's below freezing don't use QD or liquids that can freeze on your truck unless you're in a heated garage or room!

DAVY27 12-18-2009 12:47 PM

Re: be careful of freezing temps!

LOL. good lesson to be learned :) :lol:

B.P.O.D 12-18-2009 01:05 PM

yeah man that was the worst today! i checked before the hood spot is still frozen:(

Scottina06 12-18-2009 08:31 PM

Lol

WBSRT 12-18-2009 08:52 PM

Ice Ice baby, LOL

Matt 12-18-2009 09:12 PM

It doesn't surprise me who this happened to

:D

Scottina06 12-18-2009 10:37 PM

icey bird poop.....I bet that was yummy lookin' in the morning......LOL

QBNKID 12-19-2009 01:32 AM

Irf, at least throw warm water on it and get rid of that bird poop. Is going to be worst if you just let it sit there frozen and all, it can stain your hood if the acid gets in.
BTW, today I washed my jeep inside my heated shop with ONR. That thing is my new best friend now in winter :).

ducks unlimited 12-19-2009 10:18 AM

thats because you drive a black jeep! hahah

B.P.O.D 12-21-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 118416)
It doesn't surprise me who this happened to

:D

lolol a$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 118449)
icey bird poop.....I bet that was yummy lookin' in the morning......LOL

hahaha yeah i got chitted on literally by like 50 birds! when it melted by the end of the day i hit the spots with some qd:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 118479)
Irf, at least throw warm water on it and get rid of that bird poop. Is going to be worst if you just let it sit there frozen and all, it can stain your hood if the acid gets in.
BTW, today I washed my jeep inside my heated shop with ONR. That thing is my new best friend now in winter :).

it was just too cold mario:) hahaha it was like 18 degrees and i said f this ill do this later when it melts! so i did it around 5ish no stains no etching:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks unlimited (Post 118521)
thats because you drive a black jeep! hahah

hahaha birds only like white wk's

Martyp 12-23-2009 11:49 AM

LOL, You're lucky you were just QD'ing a few spots... :D

I washed my dad's truck a few weeks back, as per usual blast on a nice thick coat of snow foam (which goes all over the road). Return 5 mins later to rinse off and it froze on the ground but not on the car.

Carrying two big heavy buckets around on a very slippy surface made for some interesting moments - just about fell on my ass twice but recovered it well... :lol:

B.P.O.D 12-23-2009 02:13 PM

HAHAHAHA marty that's crazy!!!! i would have brought out the flame thrower!!! lol