Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Denali Sounding exhust? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/denali-sounding-exhust-48659.html)

wta0002 10-10-2012 04:20 PM

Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Just Purchased a 2011 Overland 4x4 V8. I want a little more muscle coming from the exhaust. Basically want it to sound like the 2012 yukon Denali. nothing obnoxious nor noticeable on the highway just a lower growl. Anyone have any suggestions?

FAUEE 10-10-2012 04:27 PM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
There's any number of axle back exhausts you could put on to it to make it louder. You could also possibly see if there's a resonator in the exhaust path to remove.

It's odd that you like that, the excessive engine noise has long been one of the weaknesses of the Yukon Denalis that make it a joke in the "near luxury" SUV market.

ogbred 10-12-2012 01:35 PM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 695265)
There's any number of axle back exhausts you could put on to it to make it louder. You could also possibly see if there's a resonator in the exhaust path to remove.

It's odd that you like that, the excessive engine noise has long been one of the weaknesses of the Yukon Denalis that make it a joke in the "near luxury" SUV market.

I had the same thoughts as far as wanting more sound,but not as load as most cat-back systems. All I had done was to remove the resonators.Exactly what I wanted. Nice little rumble at idle but quiet on the road. Good luck.

Schweibs 10-14-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 695265)
It's odd that you like that, the excessive engine noise has long been one of the weaknesses of the Yukon Denalis that make it a joke in the "near luxury" SUV market.

Woah woah you don't think a Yukon Denali is a luxury SUV? I consider my GC to be a luxury vehicle (look at my sig for details). If you are going to buy a vehicle with a 6.2 V8 IMO you better be able to hear it. Everyone I know that owns a Denali loves the exhaust on them.

BuckeyeSRT 10-15-2012 06:05 AM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Who else besides Gibson makes an axel back exhaust for the WK2?

PhillySRT8 12-12-2012 05:05 PM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogbred (Post 696110)
I had the same thoughts as far as wanting more sound,but not as load as most cat-back systems. All I had done was to remove the resonators.Exactly what I wanted. Nice little rumble at idle but quiet on the road. Good luck.

Didnt you have an issue when ECO kicked in? Sounds like a back presure sound while drvining on the highway?

FAUEE 12-12-2012 07:42 PM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweibs (Post 696756)
Woah woah you don't think a Yukon Denali is a luxury SUV? I consider my GC to be a luxury vehicle (look at my sig for details). If you are going to buy a vehicle with a 6.2 V8 IMO you better be able to hear it. Everyone I know that owns a Denali loves the exhaust on them.

It's quite clearly a near-luxury vehicle. A Luxury SUV would be something like a Range Rover, GL Mercedes, QX56, and maybe an Escalade (though truthfully it fits in line better with near luxury vehicles).

The Jeep is a near-luxury vehicle as well. Typically, near-lux cars are the sweet spot anyways. The true luxury cars you end up paying a lot more for the name and little details and such.

All the people I've known with Denali Yukons thought it was too loud. They didn't care about the 6.2L, that's just what the truck came with. Now I will admit, it's a nice sound to have, but I think it belongs a bit more on the Sierra Denali than the Yukon. Most of the people driving Yukon Denalis are moms who didn't want or couldn't afford the Escalade anyways, and they tend to complain about that sort of thing.

Actually, my gf has complained that the exhaust in my Jeep is too loud. Don't ask me to figure that one out, because the Jeep is very quiet.

Schweibs 12-18-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 723791)
Most of the people driving Yukon Denalis are moms who didn't want or couldn't afford the Escalade anyways, and they tend to complain about that sort of thing.

Actually, my gf has complained that the exhaust in my Jeep is too loud. Don't ask me to figure that one out, because the Jeep is very quiet.

Isn't it funny how most women's opinions on cars can be sooo much different than mens?

wta0002 01-09-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Denali Sounding exhust?
 
Is removing the resonators the best option here? or was there issues when in ECO mode?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community