Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Wk2 Has a very harsh suspension in my opinion... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/wk2-has-a-very-harsh-suspension-in-my-opinion-48686.html)

James Cole 10-10-2012 11:26 PM

Wk2 Has a very harsh suspension in my opinion...

have you guys noticed this? I have a quadralift overland and I can feel every inperfection in the road... Isnt the ride supposed to be softer (its a truck) I don't think the suspension absorbs bumps very well... I even tried a non QL one and its the same... I am running the recommended 36 psi on my stock 20"s

Whats your opinion on this? anyway to remedy?

JC

promike 10-11-2012 05:37 AM

Re: Wk2 Has a very harsh suspension in my opinion...

I've only had my '13 Overland a few days but rides very smooth and is extremely quiet. I had a Nissan Murano LE and a good friend has an Infiniti FX, and it is definitely quieter and smoother than either of them. I've got yhe QL set to auto.

James Cole 10-11-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by promike (Post 695530)
I've only had my '13 Overland a few days but rides very smooth and is extremely quiet. I had a Nissan Murano LE and a good friend has an Infiniti FX, and it is definitely quieter and smoother than either of them. I've got yhe QL set to auto.

What tire pressure are you using?

Its weird this supension issue I notice it also on the non QL ones as well... This jeep absorbs bumps as well as my audi A5... wich is very good but handles excellent (tradeoff I guess), I thought the jeep was going to be more comfortable handling bumps and it just turns out it doesnt handle bumps very well and it has a regular suv handling... So it feels like a sports car but doesnt handle like one... IMO

promike 10-11-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cole (Post 695572)
What tire pressure are you using?

Its weird this supension issue I notice it also on the non QL ones as well... This jeep absorbs bumps as well as my audi A5... wich is very good but handles excellent (tradeoff I guess), I thought the jeep was going to be more comfortable handling bumps and it just turns out it doesnt handle bumps very well and it has a regular suv handling... So it feels like a sports car but doesnt handle like one... IMO

Air pressure is 36. Drive an FX35 and you will see what a sport suv/crossover feels like. Quite a rough ride compared to the Overland, but then the FX35 is supposed to be sporty.

ColdCase 10-11-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cole (Post 695461)
have you guys noticed this? I have a quadralift overland and I can feel every inperfection in the road... Isnt the ride supposed to be softer (its a truck) I don't think the suspension absorbs bumps very well... I even tried a non QL one and its the same... I am running the recommended 36 psi on my stock 20"s

Whats your opinion on this? anyway to remedy?

JC

Softer than what? Its not suppose to be soft, but I don't feel minor road imperfections with my QL and 20s. Really smooth. Bumpy roads, well its a Jeep. It absorbs bumps better than my RAM pickup, Vette, Aveo, WJ, and Liberty, but not as well as my old BMW 3 series until the bumps overwhelm that little car. I haven't been in a position where bumps have overwhelmed the WK2 yet.

Your experience is way different than those posting here a year ago. Unless they've changed the suspension tuning, perhaps stiffer shocks, you have something going on there.

I hate the way a FX35 rides and handles logging trails, mediocre at best IMHO.

Jim_in_PA 10-12-2012 09:19 AM

I'm with promike...my '12 Summit rides very smoothly. While it's not as "soft" as my 82 yo dad's caddy, it's a very pleasing ride.

Helheim 10-12-2012 09:54 AM

My Overland is smooth, SRT8 not so smooth but not supposed to be. FX35 roughest vehicle I have every owned. I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to.

Aiyer 10-12-2012 11:49 AM

I have steel springs on my Limited and I think the suspension is soft. I was actually thinking that in couple of years, I will replace the shocks with something more stiffer.

robtminor 10-12-2012 12:50 PM

Mine rides smooth unless your in sport mode. Passengers notice the difference as well.

fwdjeep 10-12-2012 03:46 PM

jeeps should be soft

fwdjeep 10-12-2012 03:47 PM

opps dam key boards ipad
jeeps should NOT be soft

DirtyDuc83 10-12-2012 04:31 PM

Rides smooth to me, especially in Auto. I like the ride in sport though and like being able to feel the road.