Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Buy a cabin filter with or without housing? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/buy-a-cabin-filter-with-or-without-housing-48731.html)

Laredo2006 10-11-2012 08:38 PM

Buy a cabin filter with or without housing?

I'm about to buy this wix cabin filter for a 2006 wk 4.7 More Information for WIX 24903

It comes with no housing like the fram or mopar ones? Ok what does that mean? Which do you buy? Is the cabin filter located inside the glove or under the wiper blades? Frigid confusing sh!t and I ain't going to pay these scumbag dealers 100$ + for this.

Galaxie500 10-11-2012 08:58 PM

Re: Buy a cabin filter with or without housing?

Check out this link from wkjeeps.com, Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Cabin air filter option , it shows what the "housing" is. It's what the filter fits into and it goes under the hood on the passenger side up against the firewall. A simple look under the hood will tell if you have this or not, if not you need to buy the filter AND housing together. As you can see from the link that it cost more to purchase a filter separatley, makes no sense. The housing is easy to install, I installed it on mine. I'm thinking of going to a charcoaled filter to help get rid of smells from the road, bay area is stinky:lol:

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-11-2012 09:34 PM

you need the housing for the filter to stay in place. the filter housing does come with a filter. it goes under the wiper on the passengers side

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-11-2012 09:35 PM

you can buy purolator replacement filters at autoparts stores for around $20 or even cheaper on ebay.

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-11-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie500 (Post 695867)
I'm thinking of going to a charcoaled filter to help get rid of smells from the road, bay area is stinky:lol:

i have a charcoal filter on mine and it does nothing for the outside smells

Laredo2006 10-11-2012 10:30 PM

Ok guys, kind of confused me even more... Isn't there already a housing in my 2006 4.7 jeep wk already? Don't you just buy the damn filter and slide it in? The wix one is 13$ but no housing... I thought you'd buy that and just slide it in... So are you telling me it's better to buy a cabin filter with a housing? Don't we already have a housing? Why the he'll do they sell them without the housing than, if that is the case...

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-11-2012 10:35 PM

No you dont have a housing, you need to buy it........ They do that with tons of cars

Panerai 10-12-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laredo2006 (Post 695896)
Why the he'll do they sell them without the housing than, if that is the case...

So once you own the housing then you can by a replacment filter only, when needed..

antsjeep 10-19-2012 09:39 AM

Cabin Air Filtration- Jeep Grand Cherokee - Item # 82208300 & 5013595AB

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-19-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panerai (Post 695999)
So once you own the housing then you can by a replacment filter only, when needed..

yes! the replacements are around $20 at pep boys, autozone, advance auto, etc. they are even cheaper on ebay