Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Are you unhappy with your engine choice? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/are-you-unhappy-with-your-engine-choice-48749.html)

bigrboland 10-12-2012 09:54 AM

Are you unhappy with your engine choice?

With the constant chatter and varying opinions on the subject of V6 vs. V8, I thought this might be an interesting poll.

Doc_d 10-12-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Are you unhappy with your engine choice?

Without also having choices for "I have the v6 and am happy with it" and "I have the hemi and am happy with it" you'll have a hard time getting any meaningful results from this poll

bigrboland 10-12-2012 10:04 AM

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted the poll. I'm not able to alter the poll portion of the post now though.

Aiyer 10-12-2012 10:06 AM

Well, I too have a v6 and love it. It is surprisingly peppy at this altitude. No regrets!

bill_de 10-12-2012 10:11 AM

Could be everybody made the right choice for themselves.

BuckeyeSRT 10-12-2012 10:11 AM

How about I have the v6 and would buy it again and I have the Hemi and would buy it again
What Doc said

eibyer 10-12-2012 10:13 AM

The vehicle I replaced was a 2000 Trooper 2x4 and I got so used to how it accelerates, my V6 4x4 WK2 seems a little sluggish if I compare it. Is it because of the WK2 is 4x4 and heavier?

AAAA 10-12-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyer (Post 696035)
Well, I too have a v6 and love it. It is surprisingly peppy at this altitude. No regrets!

:thumbsup:

Jim_in_PA 10-12-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_d (Post 696033)
Without also having choices for "I have the v6 and am happy with it" and "I have the hemi and am happy with it" you'll have a hard time getting any meaningful results from this poll

Agree...there is no "if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" option... :D

Smooth1 10-12-2012 11:04 AM

And what about "I bought the Hemi but wish I got the SRT8?" and I bought an SRT8 and wish I got a Hemi." ????

JTS97Z28 10-12-2012 11:26 AM

Very good thread, however I was unable to choose one of the selections because its a toss up for me. I purchased a 2012 Overland V6 and although I am happy with the cheaper upfront purchase price, lower cost of maintanence, better fuel economy, and the regular grade fuel use, I will say sometimes I do wonder if I should have bought the Hemi. I dont require the extra power by any means as I dont tow, dont offroad or anything like that, but im more of a driving enthusiast and always enjoy the nicer sound and extra power when I want it.
With that said I bet if I had the Hemi I would say the same thing for the V6 except for the points I made at the beginning of this post. For me, the grass is always greener on the other side.
Overall though I enjoy my 2012 Overland V6. I just wish it shifted at better points and thats about my onnly gripe.

bigrboland 10-12-2012 11:30 AM

Mods are working on adding additional options to the poll.