Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430N RCA output?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-rca-output-48772.html)

jmehill 10-12-2012 08:03 PM

430N RCA output??

Hi everyone,

This is my very FIRST post on this forum. :D
Forgive me, but I don't yet own a GC. I have been a member of this forum for a short while now, taking in the wealth of info that my future fellow GC owners have to offer!
I am ditching my '12 Camaro for a '13 GC Laredo 3.6L with 430N upgrade and 20" polished wheels and Nav group. I will have my new GC very VERY soon!
I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked on here, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for, for the life of me! :o
This is what I've got...
I already purchased a powered subwoofer to go under the rear seat. The "installation kit" that came with it includes a fused power cable, and RCA cables.
I've read elsewhere that factory stereos typically don't have RCA outs.
Does anyone know if the 430N has these??
I don't have the vehicle yet, so I can't just take it apart to see for myself.
I just need to know if it has these, and is essentially a "plug-and-play" deal, or will I have to splice into a speaker to get the speaker signal I need???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:CHEERS: :thumbsup:

eibyer 10-13-2012 11:53 AM

Likely answer is probably not. There are harnesses, someone correct me if I'm mistaken that can add preamp outs. I don't know if that includes sub outs though.

subbie09 10-13-2012 04:44 PM

probably not. Got to splice the rears with a line output converter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ColdCase 10-13-2012 06:42 PM

Re: 430N RCA output??

Do you know if the WK2 has the premium audio or the base 4 speaker? With the Nav upgrade it probably has the premium system. Regardless, there are no RCA level audio output from the radio or amplifier (the amplifier is a separate box mounted in the rear). For a premium system you will need something like this.

Pac-Audio.com Product Search | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Otherwise you will be working with speaker level outputs I think.

Wiring diagrams and more info are on WK2jeeps.com

In the premium system, the audio and control signals are fed from the radio to the rear amplifier. The rear amplifier feeds the subwoofer and all the speakers. The balance/fader/volume is controlled by the amp based on can bus signals it gets from the radio head.

Andrew Klossner 10-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 696536)

That description says the product is meant for an MS-CAN bus. "MS" stands for "medium speed." The WK2 uses high-speed CAN.

ColdCase 10-15-2012 01:58 PM

Doesn't MS mean multi speed? The unit will sync up to either low or high speed CAN?

What does LSFT mean?

I dunno but when you plug in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the referenced page is the result.

If you open the applications file, all WK2s are listed. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to mention it.

http://pac-audio.com/seeAllApps.aspx...Name=C2A-CHY23

Mininuke 10-15-2012 04:00 PM

I have the same vehicle with the wheel/nav option and it does NOT come with the premium audio system. Mine came witht he standard 6 speaker system which consists of 2 tweeters, 2-6x9 front door speakers and 2-6 1/2 rear door speakers (no subwoofer, no amp).

I made the mistake of tapping onto the rear door speakers for the LOC but I soon realized that the stok 430N will taper off bass output at higher volumes. So my subwoofers weren't working properly as if my amp was overheating and going into protection mode.

You want to tap onto the front door speakers (6x9's) to install the LOC (line out converter), front speakers signal is full frequesncy and will not taper off bass output.

By the way if you listen to music at moderate volume levels the stock 6 speaker system sounds pretty good and musical and more so when a sub is added.

subbie09 10-15-2012 04:07 PM

if you have the Alpine system, I recommend the Audiocontrol LC6i between the stock amp and aftermarket amp. Has ability to adjust frequiencies and keep the signal clean. Look into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Klossner 10-16-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 697211)
Doesn't MS mean multi speed?

No. There are three bus speeds: low speed is 50 kbps, medium speed is 125 kbps, high speed is 500 kbps. And Wikipedia mentions a 250 kbps speed ("agricultural standard"?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 697211)
I dunno but when you plug in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the referenced page is the result.

It wouldn't be the first time an aftermarket supplier got a detail wrong. I recommend that anyone who orders this for a WK2 make sure they can return it.

jmehill 10-24-2012 07:56 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the replies guys!!
I have since picked up my new baby, and I absolutely love it!!
Mine also has the 430N, but only has the basic 6-speaker system (hence the powered sub). I have to say that the stock speakers really aren't that bad, but I'm very excited to add a little better range to the low-end.
I'm going to pick up an LOC tomorrow.
I've read in other forums that I should tap into the rears, but I think I will try the fronts, (thanks Mininuke!) I'll try to take good pics as I go, and I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

ColdCase 10-24-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 697618)
No. There are three bus speeds: low speed is 50 kbps, medium speed is 125 kbps, high speed is 500 kbps. And Wikipedia mentions a 250 kbps speed ("agricultural standard"?)

It wouldn't be the first time an aftermarket supplier got a detail wrong. I recommend that anyone who orders this for a WK2 make sure they can return it.

Chrysler has only used two speeds over the past 10 years, you can read that on alpar and wk2Jeeps.com. Its not the first time a wiki has it wrong, or has been misinterpreted.

This product has been used by several here without issue, although its overkill for most. There are other solutions for converting speaker to preamp levels.

eibyer 10-25-2012 09:21 AM

This thread piqued my interest so I looked up some of the LOCs available. There's an LC2i available for not too much money. Something to add to future projects. There's an 8" Lanzar low profile sub that I can probably stick under the driver seat.