Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Swapping tires on new WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/swapping-tires-on-new-wk2-48778.html)

mark13X 10-12-2012 10:04 PM

Swapping tires on new WK2

I ordered a new 2013 Laredo X that should be here in a couple of weeks. I've done some reading here, and it sounds like the Latitude tires are not very good--especially in the snow. It seems like many are changing them out. Can anyone who's done this describe their experience? Did you buy the new tires from your dealer? Tire store? Most importantly, were you able to trade your Latitudes? How much did you get for them?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

AAAA 10-13-2012 01:13 PM

Re: Swapping tires on new WK2

There is quite a lot written here on this topic. Some did get the swap done by dealer before delivery. Depends on the dealer and your deal. After a lot of leg work, I traded mine in at an independent dealer. The key was to have less than 10,000 miles on the Latitudes. How much you get in trade depends on what you are trading for. I think I got $75 per tire. The dealer is about 7 miles from my home. When we got my wife's Subaru Legacy this winter, I shopped around again and ended up at the same place to trade her Bridgestone Turanzas (very poorly rated for snow) for Nokian WR G2's.

kkreit01 10-13-2012 01:50 PM

Although they look like a car tire, there are much worse tires. I really wanted to rid of mine (due to looks), but I just can justify it. If they were horrible, I would have bought different tires by now. They are good for 90% of what you'll drive on.

Survey here:

Michelin*Latitude Tour

They are rated "good - excellent" in every category. If you can get a decent trade on them, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't give them away. It may be tough to sell them privately as well.

mark13X 10-14-2012 08:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Opinions seem to vary. Snow traction on pavement is my main concern for now.

brandont 10-15-2012 07:30 AM

I got rid of mine within 1 week. I didn't like the wussy look and I thought LTX MS2 would be a better all season tire as I had previous experience with the MS. I sold the Latitudes privately for $300 on CL.

That said, I haven't been terribly happy with the LTX MS2 on the Jeep in the snow. If you can I would get a set of winter tires.

subbie09 10-15-2012 08:00 AM

got rid of mine after 1 month. Needed agressive. Went with Cooper Zeon Ltz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

armoredsaint 10-15-2012 02:43 PM

i assume the Lats are better than my Forteras

mark13X 10-15-2012 08:35 PM

I was thinking LTX M/S 2, also...or maybe LTX A/T 2? We'll see.