Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Remote start question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/remote-start-question-48849.html)

jmc2004 10-14-2012 10:03 PM

Remote start question

I was rooting around under my dash and discovered that there was a Mopar remote start installed,but I dont have the key fob. So my question is, where can I get a key fob and how do I program it?

05wkguy 10-15-2012 12:09 PM

Re: Remote start question

You can only get it through the dealership if you want new. Good ol ebay for a used one but in either case it will need to be programmed.

Duff Daddy 10-15-2012 07:37 PM

There are 2 different ones, being a 2005 you have the audiovox style. You can go to a jeep dealer and get the remotes, they are cheap.

jmc2004 10-15-2012 08:23 PM

Does the dealer have to program it or is that something I can do

Duff Daddy 10-15-2012 08:26 PM

I dont honestly remember, this was a system chrysler licensed audiovox to make for them. Im pretty sure it doesnt need to be programmed. If you call and ask they will be able to tell you. This was a basic system, which had some significant issues even when they were new. Mostly electrical issues/no start.

Madanio24 10-15-2012 09:10 PM

On my remote start all i have to do is press the lock button 3 times in a row and the car starts. Try that and tell me if it works.

jmc2004 10-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 697403)
On my remote start all i have to do is press the lock button 3 times in a row and the car starts. Try that and tell me if it works.

Nope,Im pretty sure that only works with aftermarket starters that can be activated by doing what you described... Well I guess I can call the dealership and see what they have to say...Thanks guys...

JMLoughrey 10-16-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 697403)

Its worth a shot to try.

On aftermarket systems that function is great. It uses the activation input of the new remote start brain tied into your lock motor wires. It sees 3 pulses and starts the car. I install a ton of those come winter time with that feature on vehicles that have the factory keyfob attached to the key or the "inteli-key" systems. Cuts down on stuff that needs to be carried.

Madanio24 10-16-2012 11:08 AM

It was great didn't even know it was installed on my car until I went into my house to go to sleep pressed the lock button a bunch of times to make sure it was locked. 30 seconds later I hear bass, what asshole is listening to music this loud at 2 am. Looked out the window turned out to be my car lol. Mine is mounted under the steering column.