Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Hennessey? LMI? BWoody? FastlaneTurbo? Oh the decisions! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/hennessey-lmi-bwoody-fastlaneturbo-oh-the-decisions-48927.html)

Scottina06 10-16-2012 05:03 PM

Hennessey? LMI? BWoody? FastlaneTurbo? Oh the decisions!

I think Im leaning towards the Hennessey at the moment.....with LMI a close 2nd. Bwoody is the collest looking...buut I dont wanna mess with my washer bottle. the Fastlane is too raw looking. Hoping Volant comes out soon...i guess....LOL.

forza 10-16-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Hennessey? LMI? BWoody? FastlaneTurbo? Oh the decisions!

If you do the Hennessey get a dry charger. I have noticed water spots on the intake. I'm assuming it's coming in the heat vents in the hood. Plus, I think it looks better. You will notice a difference in throttle response. There was a huge change in mine, it was a real slug until I put on the CAI. Salesman on test drive said "Isn't this quick" and I said NO! He had no clue to what else I drive or have driven. Keep up the good modden. And thanks for your contributions.

jeepster23 10-16-2012 06:25 PM

As big of a SCUMBAG Hennessy is I would never ever do anything remotely close to supporting that POS

Scottina06 10-16-2012 06:49 PM

Hennessey steal your first love or what? Lol

Mongoose9400 10-16-2012 07:13 PM

Volant would have one if someone in the SoCal region could loan a Jeep to them.

Maybe modify a 5.7L Volant to fit?

Sent from my iPhone 5

HAMMMERHEAD 10-16-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 697848)
Volant would have one if someone in the SoCal region could loan a Jeep to them.

Maybe modify a 5.7L Volant to fit?

Sent from my iPhone 5

I hear this a lot. Its the biggest BS line these manu's can toss.

Mongoose9400 10-16-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 697861)
I hear this a lot. Its the biggest BS line these manu's can toss.

How so? They need a vehicle to design, test fit, and finalize the product I'm guessing?

Sent from my iPhone 5

HAMMMERHEAD 10-17-2012 12:17 AM

Didnt mean the statement to be structured or sound harsh towards you Mongoose.

This is the last statemnt they should give any potential customer.

This should be a aftermarket bolt on manu's Forte. They design products for new vehicles. They are saying they have not yet begun designing a product for the SRT WK2 Jeep..........that has been out for over a year......and just happens to capture one of the most popular bolt on markets for the SUV segment .....and they're in CAL ! Sorry, I dont buy it. That is downright LAZY my man. Hell, a plastic tube, a filter and a surrounding heat shroud would be better offering than whats on the market right now.

They have had 1 year to beg anyone on "these and those" forums, in their area of CAL to come get a free CAI and probably a few dyno pulls. Hmmm, havent seen them anywhere.

IMO, this is why I think its BS and a FAIL for a manu to make a statement like that since so much time has passed. They just have the Cruise control set ready to buy one of the other leading manu's offerings only to tweek here and there and then send their version out..:sleepy:

HeHe!

Rant off

Mongoose9400 10-17-2012 12:24 AM

It's all good. I have no idea of long it took Volant to offer a CAI for the WK1, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I really don't know how long it took for any of the WK1 CAIs to hit the market. I bought and started modding my WK1 about 3 years after its debut, by then any part was available. I figure it'll be another year or two before the WK2s really start to be modded.

Sent from my iPhone 5

jeepster23 10-17-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 697837)
Hennessey steal your first love or what? Lol

LOL nah Scott I just have a big problem with his lies, deceit, and just overall scummy business practices. Here is quick read I found for you in a couple seconds check this out and his attitude in the 300c thread as well.

Wow! John Hennessey is a crook! Yeah, the Viper guy.

Scottina06 10-17-2012 06:56 AM

Yeah.....I've heard all that

Kadonny 10-17-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 698018)
LOL nah Scott I just have a big problem with his lies, deceit, and just overall scummy business practices. Here is quick read I found for you in a couple seconds check this out and his attitude in the 300c thread as well.

Wow! John Hennessey is a crook! Yeah, the Viper guy.

I'm not a fan or foe of Hennessey, but some allegations and internet smack talk from 6 years ago won't deter me from buying a product if I think it's a quality product.

I think I'm going to go Hennessey for the CAI also and perhaps do the cold air tubing, have to think about the tubing though.