Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Catch Can color (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/catch-can-color-48998.html)

JFD328 10-17-2012 10:43 PM

Catch Can color

Hey guys,

Thinking about getting a Billet Technology CC, but don't know which color i should get. It's between black, red or blue. Just so you know I have a Maximum Steel Metallic WK2. I personally am leaning more towards the red, but I'm also thinking about getting the Mopar CAI. I hate that the Mopar's piping is stainless steel and would prefer either black for the piping or red. So the real question i am asking here is If i were to get the red CC is there any way I can spray paint and polish the Mopar CAI red to have the same sort of color as the CC. Im a little crazy and don't want to have a ton of different colors in my engine bay.

Thanks in advance,

JFD328

Mongoose9400 10-17-2012 10:47 PM

You should be able to color match the Mopar CAI tubing to your CC choice. I assume it can be painted or powder coated. The body shop had a DuPont guy take a pic of my anodized red BT goodies to make the paint code to match the anodized red to paint some of my under hood plastics. Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone 5

JFD328 10-17-2012 10:49 PM

Re: Catch Can color

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 698493)
You should be able to color match the Mopar CAI tubing to your CC choice. I assume it can be painted or powder coated. The body shop had a DuPont guy take a pic of my anodized red BT goodies to make the paint code to match the anodized red to paint some of my under hood plastics. Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Do you have any picture of this? I would like to see how it came out.

Mongoose9400 10-17-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFD328 (Post 698495)
Do you have any picture of this? I would like to see how it came out.

Sure thing:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/anodiz...bay-47687.html

Sent from my iPhone 5

JFD328 10-17-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 698497)

Dude, that freakin' awesome. I would love to do that to mine right off the bat, but I have to go one step at a time. Doing all that custom work must have cost a fortune, but totally worth it none-the-less.

So since I can see that your a red type of person do you recommend i get the red BT CC?

Mongoose9400 10-17-2012 11:04 PM

I did my engine bay over the course of like 8 months. My bwoody intake I order anodized red and that was the first piece. I figured red would look good with the mineral gray and black engine parts. So red was going to be my engine bay theme. I painted my hood liner "SRT" to match as a cheap mod and to add more red. One thing lead to another lol. I picked up the throttle body cover and then a few months later ordered all the BT goodies. But then it didn't seem balanced anymore, so I had the covers painted. I think I'm around $1500 for the under hood work. That's CAI, BT parts, and painting. I got my eye on a few other BT parts but I need to research if they will work.

Thanks for the compliments.

I'm not sure what color your jeep looks like, but I assume its gray, if so red should work. But it's your Jeep and your choice. Just figure out your end game before you start so you have something to work towards and not waste money changing your mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5

JFD328 10-17-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 698504)
I did my engine bay over the course of like 8 months. My bwoody intake I order anodized red and that was the first piece. I figured red would look good with the mineral gray and black engine parts. So red was going to be my engine bay theme. I painted my hood liner "SRT" to match as a cheap mod and to add more red. One thing lead to another lol. I picked up the throttle body cover and then a few months later ordered all the BT goodies. But then it didn't seem balanced anymore, so I had the covers painted. I think I'm around $1500 for the under hood work. That's CAI, BT parts, and painting. I got my eye on a few other BT parts but I need to research if they will work.

Thanks for the compliments.

I'm not sure what color your jeep looks like, but I assume its gray, if so red should work. But it's your Jeep and your choice. Just figure out your end game before you start so you have something to work towards and not waste money changing your mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5

I don't think i can go wrong with red in the engine bay with my jeep being maximum steel metallic. I feel that red really goes with every color. Im actually planning on blacking out my jeep, but i still would like some color under the hood.

spiros 10-17-2012 11:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
polished

JFD328 10-17-2012 11:24 PM

Thanks spiros for the pictures of your set-up. How did you paint your engine cover red? I really like it how it adds some character to you jeep.

bmrisko 10-18-2012 08:15 AM

I wanted a blue can to somewhat match the True Blue exterior color, but ended up scoring a new Polished Billet Technology catch can on eBay for $30...so that made the decision pretty easy. ;)

HYTEK 10-18-2012 09:01 AM

I have maximum steel too and went with a polished can and the Volant. I wanted to keep it looking as close to factory as I could. But if I had to choose I would go blue because that would accent the blue flake in the paint and the blue filter on the Mopar CAI.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/18/e6e8udun.jpg

spiros 10-18-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFD328 (Post 698514)
Thanks spiros for the pictures of your set-up. How did you paint your engine cover red? I really like it how it adds some character to you jeep.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Touch Up Paint Colors