Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - ZJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/)
-   -   Right, who is the funny guy????? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/right-who-is-the-funny-guy-4901.html)

the_cueball 12-20-2009 07:18 AM

Right, who is the funny guy?????

and I am not talking about Goodfellas... :p:p

OK guys, can whoever has the voodoo doll of my jeep please stop using it now....

Maybe just bad luck or maybe just the jeep is starting to fail...

My list of faults, most of which have just happened:

Brake warning light still on despite checking the fluid, rear brakes, hand brake

Heated seat on the driver’s side cooled down – as I mentioned, but now that the snow and frost is here... BRRRRRR!!

Passenger mirror does not hold memory and move into some really strange angles – Don’t know what to do about this...driver side mirror and seat position stay the same?????

Electric aerial motor keeps running even though it’s either fully up or down – new motor needed??

The doors and rear door do not open – but only sometimes and always a different door, so the first time I unlock the jeep, the driver’s door won’t open, but the next time it will be fine, but the rear hatch won’t open...then onto the passenger door the time after that!?!?!??!

Steering wheel ‘reach’ has broken, on the fully out position, so the steering wheel is nearly on my chest. – I have taken apart the steering column, but can’t see anything broken, lose or stuck???

Drivers door is gapped, not fell, but just seems to be out of line at the top, and I’m getting the wind whistle as I drive – I have ‘pushed’ the top of the frame in with my hands a few times, and it cures the issue for a small time, but always comes back???

Granted, nothing is really serious, but it’s getting to be a real PITA!!!!!

I really don't want to get rid of the old beast, but is this the start of the end??????

Anyone got any help/pointers???

:thumbsup:

edit: And to top it all off, I have posted this in the wrong section - idiot!!!!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-22-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Right, who is the funny guy?????

wow seems like a full list of things ...

for the brakes have you checked your pads and rotors ? brake lines?

all the other problems seem to be minor electrical glitches way too common in a gc granted ...

hope everything works out man

Denny boy 12-24-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_cueball (Post 118806)
and I am not talking about Goodfellas... :p:p

OK guys, can whoever has the voodoo doll of my jeep please stop using it now....

Maybe just bad luck or maybe just the jeep is starting to fail...

My list of faults, most of which have just happened:

Brake warning light still on despite checking the fluid, rear brakes, hand brake

its the light that turns on with the Ebrake right?
if it is then it's possibly the sensor, i cant remember where it is but find it and check it.

Heated seat on the driver’s side cooled down – as I mentioned, but now that the snow and frost is here... BRRRRRR!!

probubly the hook up that goes to the seat check that.

Passenger mirror does not hold memory and move into some really strange angles – Don’t know what to do about this...driver side mirror and seat position stay the same?????

reset your computer.

pull of the negative, pump brake and honk the horn for about 30 seconds. then hook it back up and try it again.

Electric aerial motor keeps running even though it’s either fully up or down – new motor needed??

yes you need a new motor i believe you can just unhook the power wire and it will just stay up or go to the junkyard there not hard to replace.

The doors and rear door do not open – but only sometimes and always a different door, so the first time I unlock the jeep, the driver’s door won’t open, but the next time it will be fine, but the rear hatch won’t open...then onto the passenger door the time after that!?!?!??!

That is weird never heard of this it could possibly be your remote receiver its in the the ceneter roof console. i would check the wires. also sounds like you might have a few sensors failing.

Steering wheel ‘reach’ has broken, on the fully out position, so the steering wheel is nearly on my chest. – I have taken apart the steering column, but can’t see anything broken, lose or stuck???

theres a mechanism on the top of the column that is busted. replace it or weld it in place.

Drivers door is gapped, not fell, but just seems to be out of line at the top, and I’m getting the wind whistle as I drive – I have ‘pushed’ the top of the frame in with my hands a few times, and it cures the issue for a small time, but always comes back???

needs to be reshimmed a body shop can fix it usually cheap.

Granted, nothing is really serious, but it’s getting to be a real PITA!!!!!

I really don't want to get rid of the old beast, but is this the start of the end??????

Anyone got any help/pointers???

edit: And to top it all off, I have posted this in the wrong section - idiot!!!!

things ide check that i have heard of and done to fix things on my buddies GC's

the_cueball 12-24-2009 04:42 AM

Thanks for all the help guys!

Martyp 12-24-2009 05:43 AM

Wow, sorry to hear about the problems your having with the Jeep. :(

Sounds like a bit of a project to keep you busy though, good luck...

the_cueball 12-24-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 120595)
Wow, sorry to hear about the problems your having with the Jeep. :(

Sounds like a bit of a project to keep you busy though, good luck...

Nothing serious, she still gets through all the snow we are having no problem...

Pitty the bling bling X5's that I passed on some hills can't do the same... :D

I think I will have something to keep me busy over the coming months!