Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Body coloured sticker near rear wheels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/body-coloured-sticker-near-rear-wheels-49034.html)

volotage 10-19-2012 04:39 AM

Body coloured sticker near rear wheels

So I put my CRD into the dealer yesterday to have my reverse camera finally fitted along with the mopar rock rails installed, as expected I got a call in the afternoon telling me the car wouldnt be ready till the next day (today). This arvo I went in and picked the beast up and when I got home noticed a few things. First that the dealer had put a little sticker on the back near the touch lock button explaining how to use the lock and tailgate flipper. Why would they put that on now, i have done almost 6000k in it. Next thing I noticed, and this one im hoping to get some feed back from others on. Then next thing I noticed was that they over charged me for the skid plates (I had them beat Mopars estore price) then finally as I was looking around the rock rails I noticed A body coloured sticker near the rear wheel arch and down the bottom near the rock rails on both sides of the car. The sticker is about 10cm long and 7-8 cm high and as far as I can recall was never there before (I have hand washed her a few times now and never noticed them). So.. does anyone else have these wierd stickers on the jeeps or is it the dealer has done something dodgy??

Edit: will post pics when my phone battery is charged

John47 10-19-2012 04:55 AM

Re: Body coloured sticker near rear wheels

I can offer input on the sticker on the rear tailgate trim explaining how to use the lock.....this complete chrome piece across the tailgate is replaced when the reversing camera is fitted - it comes with the sticker out of the box.
The mechanic should have had the smarts to peel it off - Except it does note only to be removed by customer as I recall....

Mendo 10-19-2012 05:50 AM

The clear plastic is on all cars and I believe fitted at the factory. It would have been there previously. The area that is covered is prone to stone chips so they place some 3M tape there to protect it.

volotage 10-19-2012 06:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some pics, first two are of the rock rails, last one is the sticker im taking about :-) J
ohn suprised im the whole chrome tailgate piece is replaced, i wonder what happens to the old ones..
Mendo, doesnt look like clear plastic but i could b wrong..

allypally 10-19-2012 07:37 AM

Mendo is corrrect. It would have been there always, and is to prevent stone chips.

bill_de 10-19-2012 08:10 AM

When you get a chance, take a look at other suv's. Just about every one, regardless of the make or model, will have the chip guards in place.

Redjgc 10-19-2012 09:34 AM

Hi Volotage, I have the same colour GC and the same body-coloured "stickers". Also had them on my Nissan Patrol etc so I take comments from others as fair.

I was wondering about the rock rails too and glad to see them on your photos. I'm in the ACT too, did you use Rolfe to fit them?

volotage 10-19-2012 03:39 PM

Well I feel a bit silly somehow missing seeing them the last few times I have hand washed.. yep rolfe fitted them but the guy at the service centre reckons it took like 6 hrs 2 install.. glad I had a written quote on labour!

LeCheese 10-21-2012 10:20 PM

how much did the rails cost, if you dont mind me asking

volotage 10-22-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeCheese (Post 700420)
how much did the rails cost, if you dont mind me asking

about 1500, the same as the mopar e store. I think just for jeeps had them cheaper but i didnt want to deal with the hastle of tracking it, dealing with any dramas if it arives broke, etc. so just got the dealer to match the mopar price.

LeCheese 10-23-2012 02:26 AM

excellent, thanks