Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   The King is dead. Long live the King. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-king-49041.html)

jeep2be 10-19-2012 08:04 AM

The King is dead. Long live the King.

5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

My last thread was this one, with some complaints about my 2011 Limited. Well, things changed from that moment.
First, happened this:
Attachment 16989
with a better closeup:
Attachment 16990
Kudos to the JEEP !!! I got out of it with just a bruise from the belt and some scratches on my hand - I broke the windshield on the driver side with my fist! Really impressed by the safety things. Was almost a frontal impact, the guy had the cruise control on, climbing a small hill, but on wet asphalt, and when the cruise kicked in he start to skid and hit me .... He had a pickup truck. I had about 50 km/h, he had the cruise set on 60 km/h. BANG!!!!
Insurance company was very helpful, and I got out of the whole story well both as health and financial.
So, now comes:
Attachment 16993
Attachment 16992
Attachment 16991
It is the new 2012 Overland, 3.6, good deal. Well, is not the 2014 I was hoping for, but sometime we cannot control everything.
The ride is unbelievable, don't know why the difference is so big! Very happy with the decision.
As I said, LONG LIVE THE KING

spyder873 10-19-2012 08:11 AM

Re: The King is dead. Long live the King.

Glad you are OK !!

Relwarc 10-19-2012 08:33 AM

Glad you're able to post up, bro. The Jeep did his job and kept you safe. Glad you're staying with the Jeep family!

steveo 10-19-2012 08:35 AM

Glad to see he Jeep did its job...protecting its passengers.

Jim_in_PA 10-19-2012 09:07 AM

The real bottom line is that you are safe and came out of that with little physical damage to you. There is a lot to say for how well these current generation vehicles protect their occupants.

Congrats on the new Jeep, too. It's good you were able to score a very nice ride to replace the one that did it's job so well.

Aiyer 10-19-2012 10:36 AM

Glad you are ok. Also glad it was not a Moose that hit you. :)

armoredsaint 10-19-2012 11:16 AM

i'm confused? did you hit a school bus?

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-19-2012 11:21 AM

dont post accidents on jeep garage!!! there is a JG curse and now someone else will crash soon! this has been happening for years lol

JeepersCreepers 10-19-2012 04:53 PM

Glad you're okay! "Almost a frontal impact" meaning you didn't actually hit each other head on, but your front end his the side of his vehicle?

BobT 10-19-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2be (Post 699093)
It is the new 2012 Overland, 3.6, good deal. Well, is not the 2014 I was hoping for, but sometime we cannot control everything.
The ride is unbelievable, don't know why the difference is so big! Very happy with the decision.
As I said, LONG LIVE THE KING

Diffidently a near death experience! About the ride, is it perhaps that the Overland has Quadra-lift and the Limited didn't?

Aiyer 10-19-2012 05:50 PM

Was there a passenger with you? I see that the passenger side airbag also deployed. Isn't that supposed to only deploy when there is someone in the seat?

GBJeep 10-19-2012 06:03 PM

Glad to hear you're OK and that you stayed with the Jeep!