Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2 accidents, 45 minutes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2-accidents-45-minutes-49084.html)

scooterha 10-20-2012 06:14 AM

2 accidents, 45 minutes

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday morning I woke up with that feeling I needed to go back to bed and not leave the house, needless to say I left the house. 11:15 leave to go grab some things before work. 11:20 at the shopping plaza that has pot holes the size of Lake Huron, some jerk in his little silver hamster on a wheel for a motor Prius isn't paying attention to the road swerves over into my lane about 4ft. I then have to swerve to keep him from side swiping me. 11:30 front passenger side goes into an 8 in deep pot hole at 20mph, tears lower valance and the alignment of the front bumper cover is off (under the headlights the bumper cover will not stay snapped in place). So I go back home say forget the store let the puppy out and leave for work. 11:50, I'm half way down my hill decide I'll take the bumper cover off (today sat) and see if everything just needs re-aligned for the cover to snap back into place. I forgot I didn't have my credit card with me so i could order the a new front lower valance and started to back up my hill (I've done this many times) and I backed into my neighbors Toyota Avalon. I have a very understanding neighbor, her and her husband see me washing or buffing or detailing the Jeep 3 or 4 times a week lol and she simply said "my car is old and I know that Jeep is your baby, and I'm more worried about you having a nervous breakdown). lol She also said "I'll be fine as long as that dark paint off of your car comes off my white car" lol Anyway I know both accidents weren't major but thought I would share I'll try to get some pics today. I do have a question. Has anyone noticed an alignment issue with their hood? Or could this be from where the car dipped down hard into the pot hole?

armoredsaint 10-20-2012 08:48 AM

Re: 2 accidents, 45 minutes

Was it an accident not to use paragraphs too? :D

JTS97Z28 10-20-2012 09:42 AM

Geez that sucks man. The town you live in just leaves pot holes large enough to mess a SUV up? I would be on the phone with the city, thats F'ed up! What would happen if a car went over that, or god forbid some sorts of sport car or even an exotic? The city needs to take care of that, as well as your damages. Thats a safety issue thats causing accidents.

scooterha 10-20-2012 10:53 AM

LOL Larue couldnt take good pictures with the camera yesterday the sun was beaming and messing up the shots... its not bad damage couple of scrapes and a new front valance LOL

HYTEK 10-20-2012 11:15 AM

Man that sux sux sorry to hear. Might be a good time to upgrade to the front lower valance Black Ops posted up earlier lol.

scooterha 10-21-2012 07:58 AM

LOL Hytek I'm definitely interested in that front piece. my piece has cracked and a couple clips are broke, but the little black turn things up under the vehicle are holding it well in place. Only draw back with that piece is, it looks like the the black wheel fender trim will have to be body painted... not sure if I'm ready for all that haha. I kind of like the way the black plastic trim looks.