Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Which 4WD system do I have... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/which-4wd-system-do-i-have-49093.html)

James Cole 10-20-2012 12:02 PM

Which 4WD system do I have...

Hello Guys I bought a 2012 V8 overland and wanted to know if I have Quadra Drive II or Quadra Trac II... How can I find out? I live outside the US so the Jeep did not come with a sticker... Is there another way I can find out maybe by looking underneath the jeep? Let me know and thank you...

JC

2012 Summit 10-20-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Which 4WD system do I have...

In the US the V8 Overland would be Quadra Drive II.

ColdCase 10-20-2012 12:39 PM

Not necessarily, that standard feature was dropped in 2012 I think, perhaps still standard on the Summit. You may need an ORA package.

The 4WD system type gets displayed in the EVIC panel on start up, which may be the easiest way to determine which system you have.

The only difference between the QT II and QD II is the rear differential and some traction control software. A QD II vehicle has the QT II transfer case. The QD will have an electric motor hanging out of the rear differential driver side, the non QD QT II will not.

You can also contact Jeep with your VIN and they should be able to send you a build sheet.

2012 Summit 10-20-2012 12:45 PM

My bad. I thought it was standard on the overland w/hemi. Thanks for the correction, ColdCase.

FAUEE 10-20-2012 12:47 PM

To make it more confusing, some of the OD2 vehicles have the rear eLSD as well. Standard on Summits, optional (with ORA) on Overlands. At least I believe that's the case.

James Cole 10-20-2012 01:34 PM

Well there is no electric motor on the rear diff but there is one on the center of the Jeep... Also how to tell if I have LSD??? mmmm

Aiyer 10-20-2012 01:42 PM

Could you not email your VIN number and get the build sheet from Jeep? I did that as soon as I purchased my Jeep.

ColdCase 10-20-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Cole (Post 699750)
Well there is no electric motor on the rear diff but there is one on the center of the Jeep... Also how to tell if I have LSD??? mmmm

No electric motor on the rear diff means no LSD. You do not have Quadra Drive. The QT II transfer case has the electric motor you see to control transfer case lock and speed ratio. The QT I case does not.

So you see a motor on the transfer case in the middle of the car, which means you have Quadra Trac II, you don't see a motor on the rear diff so you don't have Quadra drive.

James Cole 10-20-2012 02:35 PM

No Like I said its an export jeep we dont have that info available here...

Mendo 10-20-2012 03:11 PM

All export overlands in Australia come with QDII. You can become a level IV member on this site and email Milous your VIN and he will send you your build sheet.