Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   All-Terrain Tires??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/all-terrain-tires-49233.html)

emtff57 10-22-2012 08:09 PM

All-Terrain Tires???

Hi everyone! Ok so I'm still sort of new on here but I love reading everything everyone has to say to I figured I'll leave my fate in your hands.

I need new tires on my 2007 WK, and as many of us agree the stock Forteras STINK. I want a nice all-terrain tire. I live in Northern NJ and there are some nice places to take a moderate of a bumpy ride. My baby is as stock as can be with the exception of a few visual things. I am deciding between a few tires and would like to see who has what feelings regarding each particular tire.

1. BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain TA
2. Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
3. Falken High Country AT
4. Firestone Destination AT
5. Nitto Terra Grapplers AT

I'm open to any other suggestions and opinions. I'm still kind of learning the ropes so I'm fishing for some knowledge :p . Also as a side note, keep in mind the abundance of snow I can get in the winter. And if I were to go with any of these tires would I have to change anything with the speedometer and would there be any rub?

Sorry it's a lot to ask guys and gals. Look forward to hearing from you all.

- Joe :thumbsup:

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-22-2012 08:14 PM

Re: All-Terrain Tires???

firestone destination a/t!!!! i had them for a few years and they were great on road and off. they handled great in the snow and wore well on the highway/ i got about 45k miles out of them

Kman09JGC 10-22-2012 08:18 PM

I had dest a/t's on my 99 4.7 awesome tire but didnt get that many miles out of them 30-35k. On my 09 4.7 I just replaced the stock fortera's at 23k I coundnt take them anymore. I went with General Grabber at2's 255/65/17 put about 700 miles so far. Awesome tire as well handle night and day over the stock fortera's. I think they are close to the dest at's but I think they will be better in the snow. Good luck

emtff57 10-22-2012 08:23 PM

Kman,

The larger General's haven't given you any rub issues? I think they a very sweet looking, aggressive tire but obviously don't come in the stock size for the WK.

jjt250 10-22-2012 08:37 PM

If they're not out of your price range, you should check out the Goodyear Duratrac. Very aggressive look and supposedly excellent in the snow. I don't have any first hand experience with them, but the reviews are very good. I hope to get some soon.

Kman09JGC 10-22-2012 09:53 PM

no rubbing at all!

Bsemig 10-23-2012 07:12 AM

I personally went with the nitto's they have a smooth ride but yet give you the mean look that most desire when putting bigger tires on

wkthursty 10-23-2012 07:16 AM

The Falken High Countrys are no good. I tried to order them and even tho they had them forsale they were discontinuing them. So i opted for the wild peak a/t's. great tire. And a quieter ride to i might add. buts its almost going to be impossible to have an a/t and quiet.

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-23-2012 12:34 PM

destinations were very quiet, check the reviews on tire rack. when i bought them they were the highest rated tire available for the wk. you cant go wrong with the destinations.

meistro 10-23-2012 05:47 PM

i would go with the Falkens. My wife has a Commander with those tires and she loves them.