Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   this makes no sense!1 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/this-makes-no-sense-1-a-4926.html)

99limited 12-21-2009 01:49 PM

this makes no sense!1

my stereo was working fine on the way back from a small road trip. i got to my parents house to drop my brother off, i turned my stereo down and turned the car off for maybe 3 minutes. came back out, started my car, and NO BASS at all. i figured i blew a fuse in the amp. because the amp was off, so i started my car today to check my amp, amp powered up just fine. no wiring had been touched and everything connected correctly, but no reaction from the subs AT ALL. what going on here?!:mad:

Redsand 12-21-2009 01:53 PM

Re: this makes no sense!1

loose ground possibly? crimp in some of the wiring? I have experienced both of those problems so it would be something to look into...

99limited 12-21-2009 02:00 PM

i reattached my ground and nothing. i have no clue, because i have had this set up for 3 months now and it has never given me a problem.

scjeep4.7HO 12-21-2009 02:16 PM

Check your pre amp outputs on the back of your radio. It may have wiggled loose and is not sending anything to the amp but your amp would still have power.

Redsand 12-21-2009 03:02 PM

that too^^

Matt 12-21-2009 03:19 PM

If the amp is powering up just fine then we know it's not an issue with power, ground, or remote turn on.

Check and inspect the RCA's and speaker wire from amp to sub.

If those are connected and intact, then the issue is either with the amp or with the subs.

Redsand 12-21-2009 03:38 PM

remember he did say the amp was not receiving power at one point. so it could possibly be some kind of intermittent power issue....

Matt 12-21-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsand (Post 119346)
remember he did say the amp was not receiving power at one point. so it could possibly be some kind of intermittent power issue....

Yeah, good point.

Re-check your power and grounds (and remote turn on).

Basically, re-check all of your shit, and if all is well, then the issue is with the amp. The subs would still move (and distort) if they were blown.

If you have a friend that has an amp, swap his/hers in and see if it powers your woofers.

Redsand 12-21-2009 04:04 PM

something might have come loose in the box too...

99limited 12-21-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 119350)
Yeah, good point.

Re-check your power and grounds (and remote turn on).

Basically, re-check all of your shit, and if all is well, then the issue is with the amp. The subs would still move (and distort) if they were blown.

If you have a friend that has an amp, swap his/hers in and see if it powers your woofers.

yeah, i checked all my shit. everything is connected. the fuse that i have my remote connected to is NOT blown, i have 2 fuses in the amp and both are fine. My ground is fine. im gonna try to connect one of my old amps. but wont be able to do it till tomorrow. what i dont understand is, why the amp is powering on, if it was blown then it wouldnt even turn on right?:confused:

Redsand 12-21-2009 04:26 PM

If the fuse is blown it definetly will not turn on. But as with any other electronic device, it is possible for it to power on, yet not function...

Did you check the connections inside the box like I mentioned?

Matt 12-21-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsand (Post 119390)
it is possible for it to power on, yet not function...

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsand (Post 119390)
Did you check the connections inside the box like I mentioned?

x2