Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Squeak / creak in seat (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/squeak-creak-in-seat-49276.html)

brandont 10-23-2012 04:28 PM

Squeak / creak in seat

I have noticed a loud squeak / creak noise coming from the drivers seat. Oddly it only happens if I turn left, or I can also make it happen by putting my elbow on the door and pushing. I did some searching and came up with some people having noises coming from their lumbar support but I am not sure that is the same as my issue. I have moved the lumbar in/out and up/down and I cannot find a position where the seat does NOT make noise. I think it might be the mounting. Has anyone had a similar issue?

brandont 10-23-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Squeak / creak in seat

I pulled the seat back off when I got home and I can't find anything in the lumbar mechanism that makes a noise like I am hearing.

brandont 10-27-2012 07:32 AM

Nobody has had any issues with theirs seats that wasn't linked to the lumbar?

Sgman16 10-29-2012 11:14 AM

Hey, I have a squeak in my drivers seat as well; so far it has been to the dealer 2 times and I have an appointment in November to go back a third time. Each time they replace some part (not really sure what; I probably should have asked); but I'm hoping this time they just replace the whole thing. Like yours, mine happens only at certain times. Anytime I move a certain way in the seat, I hear it.

brandont 10-29-2012 12:02 PM

Try putting your elbow on the drivers' door and pushing yourself away from it. That seems to make it squeak nearly every time for me. Let me know if yours is the same or not.

You can also try moving the lumbar around and see if that makes it better or worse. Most of the squeaky seat threads on here are lumbar issues.

brandont 11-01-2012 02:41 PM

FYI, dealer said sometimes the seats aren't tightened down evenly, so the loosened it up and tightened it back down. No squeaky!

brandont 11-19-2012 08:00 AM

Squeak is back. :-(

fljeepleo 11-19-2012 08:05 PM

Mine squeaks with the lumbar inflated and low. Dealer can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandont 11-20-2012 08:16 AM

This seems to be only when I turn left or push myself off the door. If I just lean it doesn't squeak. It could be the lumbar but I think it is in the seat frame somewhere. I tried lumbar up / down and in / out and it never changes. :-/

Sgman16 11-20-2012 02:19 PM

Went to my dealer for the third time to get the squeak fixed...their solution was to put some foam tape in the seat back??? Doesn't seem like the right fix, but anyway the squeak is still there. I wonder if I should contact Jeep corporate about this. Any thoughts?

Unabomber 11-21-2012 12:34 AM

My drivers seat squeaks also, but the little squeaks and rattles in the Jeep don't really bother me too much, being that I am coming from an 04 STi lol.

mi58jeep 11-21-2012 09:29 AM

My Jeep has been plagued with squeaks and rattles. I also have the seat noise issues, but it appears to be the lumbar support. Is there a fix?