Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Diablosport intune problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/diablosport-intune-problem-49364.html)

kcards04 10-25-2012 10:52 AM

Diablosport intune problem

I just recently purchased the intune and thought I may have installed it right but have had some pretty major problems with it. I installed the 93 octane tune on it and it messed up my vehicle pretty bad, it doesn't seem to want to shift right, has no pick up and I have a shaking and shuttering noise when I slow to a stop. I then restored my jeep to original and still have problems. Is there anyone I can talk to or a post I can be redirected to if this is the wrong place to post. Location is in New Orleans if there is anyone down here that I could possibly visit to help fix this problem. I have an 05 5.7 hemi wk

ekaz 10-25-2012 11:08 AM

Re: Diablosport intune problem

You can call Diablo's tech support here: 561-908-0040 or they have a live chat on their site: Diablosport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems |

4wdhemi 10-29-2012 05:08 PM

Yikes, keep us posted if they helped.

MattMassacre 11-21-2012 04:42 PM

When I got mine, I updated all the software and was super excited to try it on my 5.7L. Halfway through the flash process the intune shut down on me. Long story short, it fried my PCM and I had to have my truck towed to the dealer. DiabloSport customer service was terrible in trying to resolve the matter as well. But I would like to try them again someday.

Combat 11-21-2012 08:59 PM

Sounds like the device could have possibly loaded a corrupt file on to the PCM? So when the PCM( The Brains)is not functioning correctly neither is the engine or anything else that the microprocessor controls, which may include the charging system, transmission, various emission controls and communications with other onboard control modules.

I wouldn't recommend taking it to the dealership, just sit back and wait for a Diablo Sport Tech on friday because you don't want to void your Jeeps warranty, if any.

On a positive note: I had an issue with my trinity just 2 days ago where somehow my vehicles stock tune was erased from its memory, and boom they restored the stock tune by doing a forced calibration , took about 25minutes. Life saver!!

ChrisWk 11-21-2012 10:13 PM

I have had no luck in getting the diablo to work with my 05 hemi, the only good thing is it did update my stock PCM and tcm to the latest software something the dealership would not do for me. I like to use it but like to find a tuner locally to help get the best tune, the ones on the diablo are not the best because everybody jeep is different . But keep us posted.

FlyinRyan 12-02-2012 03:31 AM

For you 05-06 guys that are flustered with Diablo, SCT can tune your PCMs, I've done several without an issue. Been there, done that. I have maps for bolt-on 5.7 WKs ready to go.