Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Crash repairers - Brisbane (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/crash-repairers-brisbane-49399.html)

GlennR 10-25-2012 11:30 PM

Crash repairers - Brisbane

Guys, after 1800 incident free kms over the last two days, the workshop numpty has just driven a trolley into the back of my car. Need replacement chrome and a repair/paint to the bumper. As he has offered to pay, can anybody advise a good local body shop in the Brisbane/Bayside area? I need the car back with the same standard of fit and finish otherwise I will REALLY crack the sh$ts.

Cheers.

exlr8 10-25-2012 11:39 PM

Re: Crash repairers - Brisbane

X2 for my number plate incident....
same region/area

GlennR 10-26-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exlr8 (Post 702869)
X2 for my number plate incident....
same region/area

Hadwens of Albion, 3852 1944, recommended by Albion as they do all their minor work. Apparently very experienced in Stone White:D

Mendo 10-26-2012 03:21 AM

Agree with that. They are on a first name basis with my mother in law.

exlr8 10-26-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 702877)
Hadwens of Albion, 3852 1944, recommended by Albion as they do all their minor work. Apparently very experienced in Stone White:D

hmmm, what does that say about drivers of stone white... :D

allypally 10-26-2012 03:28 PM

Mother-in-Law's don't count.

GlennR 10-29-2012 05:19 AM

Awaitng quote, but need a repair and repaint to the bumper, the tow ball hitch is damaged and needs replacement, the whole tow bar assy is out of square to the car, need replacment chrome panel/step just below the hatch and a replacement lower valance/skirt under the painted part of the bumper. I guestimate a couple of grand. Keep you posted.

GlennR 10-31-2012 02:34 AM

Guys,
Anybody removed the step with the chrome surround that sits on top of the rear bumper, under the hatch? repair shops are quoting between 500 & 600 for this part fitted compared to buying from Roger in China for $200 delivered. Just wondering how to remove it. Cheers.

Kev. 10-31-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 705058)
Guys,
Anybody removed the step with the chrome surround that sits on top of the rear bumper, under the hatch? repair shops are quoting between 500 & 600 for this part fitted compared to buying from Roger in China for $200 delivered. Just wondering how to remove it. Cheers.

Hi Glenn,

Really easy! I added the chrome surround to my Laredo.

Basically, working from the ends inwards just pull upwards on the black step. You can use a plastic tool if you need but I managed to use the tips of my fingers. It lifts up and then the surround slides out.

If you buy from Roger make sure he packs it correctly! (I had mine snapped in half from the postage!) - he did send me another though! - from memory, he lists these as a 'best offer' too ;)

Hope this helps!

Kev.

allypally 10-31-2012 04:03 AM

AS Kev stated, it is an easy job to fit. If it took more than a minute to fit one of these, then you maust have dozed off through boredom. It really is simply a flick the old one off, and snap the new one in place.

GlennR 10-31-2012 05:11 AM

Cheers Mate. 2 quotes have been $2,200 each, but there are HUGE savings if the parts are bought online. I'm up for a complete new towbar as the knock has sent it slightly skew/off centre. Its a genuine MOPAR and looks tough as hell, however 50kgs at travelling at 20kmh must be enough of a shock to bend it slightly. Good job the towbar bore the brunt or I reckon my whole bumper and liftgate would have been written off.:(

Kev. 10-31-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 705072)
Cheers Mate. 2 quotes have been $2,200 each, but there are HUGE savings if the parts are bought online. I'm up for a complete new towbar as the knock has sent it slightly skew/off centre. Its a genuine MOPAR and looks tough as hell, however 50kgs at travelling at 20kmh must be enough of a shock to bend it slightly. Good job the towbar bore the brunt or I reckon my whole bumper and liftgate would have been written off.:(

Don't suppose you have any photos?

I got rear ended when the Jeep was two weeks old, luckily no damage to our car as the towbar took it - we must've been lucky coz ours didn't bend at all. - or maybe it was the angle yours got hit?

Kev.