Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Got hit in the rear (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/got-hit-in-the-rear-4946.html)

cjp53 12-22-2009 01:51 PM

Got hit in the rear

7 Attachment(s)
finally got all the little things done on my 99 Grand Cherokee limited,it took alot of time and money but got it running like new.
Here in Selden, Long Island, NY we got 27" of snow and this baby went through it like it was dry ground.
It was alot of fun until someone clipped me in the rear.
It doesn't affect the performance it just looks like crap.
Any ideas on what to do with this?
It would be ashamed to junk it since its fully equipped with a strong 4.7 & Quadradrive
I see no bend or cracks on the metal what could be causing the rear doors to fit like that?

Unholyskorn86 12-22-2009 03:02 PM

Re: Got hit in the rear

I would make their insurance pay for the entire rear end. I hope you called the cops and got a police report!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-22-2009 04:22 PM

rear ends are easy ... they will accept fault and also ask for diminished value for your vehicle + some lou (loss of use) for the time you had to drive it like that + rental if and when they are going to repair + don't leave the shop without being 110% satisfied with the work + always call about your claim almost everyday because each adjuster has 150 claims to work and I doubt urs is their top priority, dont waste money on a lawyer on something you can do and benefit from it fully... best tips an insurance adjuster can give :)

B.P.O.D 12-23-2009 01:49 PM

dude def get it fixed via insurance. not your fault

05WKinPA 12-23-2009 03:13 PM

Looks like the unibody is bent....that's why your doors aren't flush anymore. Seen a few WJ's have the back of the unibody bend downward after being hit in the back. Usually a result of the hitch taking the force of the impact.

White WK Swagga 12-23-2009 03:52 PM

Sorry to hear. Patchogue Long Island here! I'd just get like 3 estimates. I'd just watch to make sure nothing leaks.

TimmyB 12-23-2009 05:28 PM

Did the cops get called to make a police report when it happened? Did you get the other drivers info? I learned even for the smallest thing if it wasnt your fault then always call the cops to document it so there is a log of it and no dispute after the fact. As far as that damage, that can be fixed by any good repair shop.

If it were me i would of opened the car door and fallen on the ground grabbing my neck screaming in pain yelling that your dieing. Lol. A lawyer would tell you to start going to physical therapy 2-3 times a week to get your medical bills up to 10k, then you can start sueing. Sue the other driver, sue the state for the road conditions, sue the town or city for the road conditions, sue the company that installed that section of road, sue Jeep because you were driving one at the time, and lastely sue the maker of the other drivers car because they hit you in it. I think you will get 10-20 mill easy.

cjp53 12-23-2009 06:22 PM

Thanks for all the advice.
I guess I'll take it to a body shop and see what they can do.
I agree with you Timmy, just fall out of the car with my lawyers card in your hand.
unfortunately I had it parked in a shopping center for app. 20 min.and didn't see it happen, as far as I know it could have been a snowplow.
It still runs great no leaking no pulling you would never know it was hit.
Well thanks again for the advice I'll give you an update after the body shop.

4.7ho 12-24-2009 08:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Man that stinks, hope it's not severe. Case in point my '02 that got the same treatment cause the guy behind me was looking at the beach instead of traffic.

dreamer1213 12-24-2009 08:55 PM

Wow...that is sooo messed up....

But I'm here to tell ya. By friend's Frontier got rear ended with me in it. Everything was pushed forward, and the door gaps were are screwed up. The insurance company totalled it.

I hope they can get it fixed for you tho.

TimmyB 12-25-2009 03:42 PM

One of my last GC's was in an accident, I delt with the same insurance adjuster before for something with the same car, I got to talking with him and finally he asked me what I wanted to do, have it fixed or he would total it. It was a 93 with high miles so I took the check and got another GC with it. I knew I could get a "better" car with the money so thats why I did it, or else I just would of had it fixed.