Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Tinted Tails (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/tinted-tails-49465.html)

BlackN'Blue 10-27-2012 05:25 PM

Tinted Tails
 
I cant seem to find any 2008 grand cherokee LED tail lights that are tinted or black. But i don't want the spyder tails, because i have an 08 jeep. I have a modern blue pearl jeep and think blacked out tails would look sick. The tail light i want is this one, but blacked out.
07 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee Euro Red L E D LED Tail Lights Direct Fit Pair | eBay

Switchback 12-28-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
Tint them yourself.

akimball 12-28-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
most of the tinted tails are painted or have film on them... i know most of the guys here bought clear led tails and had them painted. i used my stock tails and had laminx film put on them. i chose to do that so it can be reversed if i decide i do not like it anymore.

Kayak83 01-09-2013 11:51 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by akimball (Post 729835)
most of the tinted tails are painted or have film on them... i know most of the guys here bought clear led tails and had them painted. i used my stock tails and had laminx film put on them. i chose to do that so it can be reversed if i decide i do not like it anymore.

What percent tinted film would you recommend? I want a balance of looks/function.

Switchback 02-05-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
I used Niteshades, it works like a charm, still on and looking good after several months in Buffalo haha and you can make them as light or dark as you want. I did 3 coats and it has a very nice tint to them.

WK2009AN 02-05-2013 05:04 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Switchback (Post 754728)
I used Niteshades, it works like a charm, still on and looking good after several months in Buffalo haha and you can make them as light or dark as you want. I did 3 coats and it has a very nice tint to them.

X2 works nicely and you can customize them however you want, make sure if there not on the jeep, you keep checking them as you spray, because they will lool lighter when they are off than on

BLKBULL 02-05-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
find a local shop and get them tinted.....had mine done for $100 with 3rd brake

imhoffg 03-06-2013 08:53 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
anyone have any experiences with tinting not LED tails? I was considering doing mine, but I'm not ready to replace them, and frankly dont really like the light patterns of the euros I'm seeing...

Just worried the tint will be too dark for standard bulbs to be functional. I'm not thinking too dark, just a cherry coke red rather than the bright red

Robert Palmer 03-06-2013 11:20 PM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhoffg (Post 774724)
anyone have any experiences with tinting not LED tails? I was considering doing mine, but I'm not ready to replace them, and frankly dont really like the light patterns of the euros I'm seeing...

Just worried the tint will be too dark for standard bulbs to be functional. I'm not thinking too dark, just a cherry coke red rather than the bright red

The non led tails warp due to the halogen bulbs producing too much heat. You will have to buy led bulbs and get resistors for the housing so you can prevent this from happening.

brando26 03-17-2013 04:14 AM

Re: Tinted Tails
 
i bought these:

Smoked 07 10 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sport SUV LED Tail Brake Lights Lamp Left Right | eBay


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community