Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Which Lockpick? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/which-lockpick-49467.html)

bpd138 10-27-2012 06:28 PM

Which Lockpick?

Hello,
I am planning on adding a Lockpick so I can add a backup camera and also unlock the navigation features while the vehicle is in motion.

The problem is which one shoud I get, the CHR550 with Ipod integration or the V5 (Freedom in Motion). Anyone know the pro's and con's of each unit? I only want to add a back up camera and I'm not planning on adding any extra cameras. I do have an Ipod connected to the Mygig all the time but for my use the stock Mygig controls are fine. oh, and I use a Samsung Galaxy S 3 phone.

So, there you have it. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Willie

eibyer 10-29-2012 09:27 AM

Re: Which Lockpick?

I bought the V5 also for the backup camera and having the DVD play in motion. I do like the option of having the extra input for the camera and audio video feed which I'm planning to utilize for my phone. I'm going to see if I can get netflix on the screen :)

I have a Droid 4 with hdmi out that I will have to convert to composite before I can feed it to the radio.

Jcaruso 10-29-2012 08:41 PM

Me too. The V5 is the real choice. Mine works well. Anyone experience tranny shutter on their Hemi?

akasjl 10-30-2012 07:05 PM

I ordered the V5 which I was told was in stock but subsequently told was not. I was offered the NavTool 2.0, a more expensive unit by another manufacturer for the same price. Per the website it has a factory specific harness for the vehicle. I am very pleased with the unit.

bpd138 10-30-2012 09:21 PM

I ended up buying the Allgig XG-HS Nav-Tv unit. I read as much as I could find on both units and I was leary of the camera and sound degradation of the lockpicks. Tony from Nav-Tv was very helpful and was very knowledgeable about their product. I haven't installed it yet but I will let you kow how it goes.

GELOverland 11-14-2012 01:56 AM

Awesome! Look forward to hear how it turns out

bpd138 11-14-2012 01:02 PM

I haven't installed it yet because I am still waiting for a webcam/power extension cable to arrive. As soon as I get the cable I am going to install the webcam and the Nav/Tv unit. I'll post back with pictures when I'm done.

MxRacer965 11-22-2012 05:37 PM

Any updates/feedback on lock pick vs. nav-tv product? I wouldn't mind having the ability to have the passenger enter destinatinations, and/or watch DVD's on the head unit display. What I want is something that integrates SEAMLESSLY into the stock environment without a bunch of confusing and difficult to configure setups. I already have an Overland Summit with the back up camera and back seat VES. The ONLY features I want are the ability to watch DVD's on the main head unit while in motion, ability to enter destinations into the NAV unit while in motion, and A/V input since APPARENTLY that was an option with the VES and mine doesn't have it.

Anyway, feedback would be much appreciated!

GELOverland 12-15-2012 09:51 PM

bump