Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Window streaks on my new Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/window-streaks-on-my-new-jeep-49499.html)

sly1types 10-28-2012 12:34 PM

Window streaks on my new Jeep

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys!

Just picked up my new 2013 cherokee on Tuesday. It was pretty clean, but I did notice the windshield being dirty. I didn't think much about it and thought I would clean it later...

Well today I cleaned my car and I couldn't get the windshield clean then I started looking on the outside and found these streaks on a couple windows.

I tried 3 different window cleaners, alcohol, vinegar, clay bar, kaboom cleaner and nothing helped it.

Has anyone else had this?

I attached a picture.

Thanks

GBJeep 10-28-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Window streaks on my new Jeep

See if this helps
HOW TO: Super Clean Your Windshield - YouTube

Sponge Bob 10-28-2012 02:47 PM

Just watched the video from the RV Geeks. Did he really wet the rag (old t-shirt) while the rag was on the driveway. ?!?! I wonder if there is a second video for polishing out the scratches caused by the sand and grit he just rubbed into the glass…..

bill_de 10-28-2012 02:54 PM

Although it's not sold as a cleaner, I have found Rain-X cleans glass, and some other things, quite well.

thall 10-28-2012 03:49 PM

de-lamination?

sly1types 10-28-2012 08:09 PM

I tried those steel wool pads and it worked great. I only did it in a small area so far just cause of time.

Thanks for the ideas!

rich mac 10-29-2012 12:50 AM

Some have mentioned that using Rain-X will make the auto-wipers misbehave. Any thoughts??

bill_de 10-29-2012 06:23 AM

I've been using it on my current and previous 5 cars with no problems. You do have to apply it and then wipe off the haze completely.

bmrisko 10-29-2012 11:14 AM

Use 0000 Steel Wool (whatever the finest grade available is)...that is an old detailer trick for removing water spots from hard water or harsh sun.

GBJeep 10-29-2012 02:01 PM

I used the steel wool on my jeep as the video I found in the detail forum suggested and it worked great! Also this video shows how to apply Rain X and remove with a damp cloth so it doesn't leave a haze and this method is so much easier.

DirtyDuc83 10-30-2012 01:17 AM

Ive been using the rain-x aerosol cleaner and repellant and its worked very well. Clean and repell in one application. Can lasts quite awhile too. Ive actually just sprayed it on while its raining and just left it and the next time it rained the water beaded right up. Might try the additive next time.

robpp 10-30-2012 09:36 AM

This could be a lamination issue. All windows on wk2 are 2 layer with a laminate in the middle........