Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Is there a fix yet for 730N losing presets? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/is-there-a-fix-yet-for-730n-losing-presets-49552.html)

Jdsmitty10 10-29-2012 09:44 AM

Is there a fix yet for 730N losing presets?

Hello,
I have a 2012 limited with the 730N which loses presets every time we switch drivers. Its been a while since I have been on the forum and wonder if there has been an update or TSB to address this issue yet? It is getting pretty annoying. I really wish i just stuck with the standard nav and not upgraded. I don't have time to search and read through threads to find the answer. Thanks!

akasjl 10-29-2012 09:58 AM

Re: Is there a fix yet for 730N losing presets?

Try upgrading the software to the version just released, 2.126. There is a thread that outlines the procedure.

Jeepdewd 10-29-2012 10:39 AM

I have the newest version.. 730N.. and an ipod plugged into the center console. USB.. and every other day.. I click DEVICES and it's not showing the ipod connected with cord.. I have to unplug and plug before it displays.. any ideas? or is this the same issue?

Jdsmitty10 10-29-2012 08:39 PM

Well my email to jeep last week finally was answered today with a phone call and they said they will confirm my local dealer has the update software and let me know. They also said they are working on mailing out the update which will let us do it ourselves. Good to know it SHOULD be fixed...

fishdaddy 10-29-2012 09:41 PM

Jeepdwed, My iPod worked perfectly for 10 months, then one day I parked and returned, and iPod wouldn't show up for selection in "devices." I reloaded the iPod s/ware (it was already the current version) and problem vanished. Mine is the iPod 160Gb version.

RKlimas 10-30-2012 07:15 AM

Jdsmitty10-

I have the same problem of losing SAT presets when switching from Driver 1 to Driver 2. Driver 2 SAT presets always revert back to the factory default. Driver 1 is perfect. Driver 2- AM and FM is perfect. It is only Driver 2 SAT presets that I lose. I have updated the 730N with version 2.126. It did not fix the SAT problem. Let me know how it turns out for you. I will say 2.126 is very stable and fixed my Travel Link issues.

Jdsmitty10 10-30-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKlimas (Post 704593)
Jdsmitty10-

I have the same problem of losing SAT presets when switching from Driver 1 to Driver 2. Driver 2 SAT presets always revert back to the factory default. Driver 1 is perfect. Driver 2- AM and FM is perfect. It is only Driver 2 SAT presets that I lose. I have updated the 730N with version 2.126. It did not fix the SAT problem. Let me know how it turns out for you. I will say 2.126 is very stable and fixed my Travel Link issues.

Really the update didnt fix it?!@!?!? I was not aware it is only driver 2 that loses the presets.. I am driver 2 on the jeep hence why I notice it. My wife claims to not use presets so I am switching her to 2 and I will take driver 1 LOL... It DRIVES ME NUTS when i lose my presets...such a pain..I did find that if i pressed the 2 twice everytime I changed back to my setting I would not lose them for a while.. But lately it is everytime I get in they are lost and I cant get them back by pressing 2 twice...

RKlimas 10-31-2012 09:20 AM

I will try the push the button twice trick. Makes sense to me- Driver 2 push it twice.

edogg23 11-02-2012 03:25 PM

I have the same issue, lose my driver 2 SAT presets all the time and sometimes the driver 1 presets :(

RKlimas 11-02-2012 03:39 PM

Whatever you want to call it- the double push, twice baked, double pump- it did not work.. Oh well! Maybe HB will eventually fix the Driver 2 SAT preset issue. It is strange that it reverts back to the factory defaults.

kbench55 11-02-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKlimas (Post 704593)
Jdsmitty10-

I have the same problem except I lose the driver 1 presets and driver 2 works every time. I also had the new version installed last week and it did not fix the issue. I am almost wondering if it has something to do with the driver functions being programmed to each drivers key.

Jdsmitty10 11-02-2012 03:47 PM

Talked to jeep and they say they will be shipping out update discs to us eventually...

That's wierd the double press worked for me for a while and outta no where quit working so who knows