Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Legal Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/legal-help-49556.html)

sofaspudKTM 10-29-2012 10:16 AM

Legal Help

I just bought a 2012 GC 5.7 LaredoX in a dealer trade. M
y dealer was shocked that it had Limited Chrome 18" wheels. at no extra charge.

I was emphatic- 3 times!- that I did NOT want the polished wheels-have had them-PITA-but would if they were chrome. after saying this 3-times-he said he didnt know which they were but that they were installed by the other dealer. It was so pretty I said it would be ok if they were the polished wheels.

Turns out they are chrome HUB CAPS on the regular Laredo wheels.
Do have any options?

Jim_in_PA 10-29-2012 10:53 AM

Re: Legal Help

Sounds like misrepresentation to me...what's on your sales contract?

sofaspudKTM 10-29-2012 11:06 AM

Nothing he said the other dealer installed the Limited wheels at no charge.

bmrisko 10-29-2012 11:19 AM

My crystal ball says this is between you and the place of purchase. Any answer here will be pure speculation!

bill_de 10-29-2012 11:27 AM

I'll speculate that with nothing in writing you have no legal standing.

Did you already take delivery?

Bostondan77 10-29-2012 12:26 PM

Pics?

amill 10-29-2012 01:19 PM

hub caps ontop of the wheels? You gotta post pics.

Fredg369 10-29-2012 08:00 PM

If this is a new vehicle whatever the window sticker says it has should be on it...period!
If it has upgraded wheels its a win 4 u....if you don't like the upgraded wheels they have to at least put on the wheels the window sticker calls for...There is no argument.
If they were a dealer upgrade they can charge you but it must be added to the window sticker even if its just written in on a piece of paper as long as its with the window sticker....Thats my understanding.

ColdCase 10-30-2012 07:57 AM

So you didn't want the regular Laredo wheels? There was a post awhile ago about a couple dealers just routinely putting wheel covers on for free.

If you didn't get the right wheels, it should at least be a warranty thing, perhaps contact Jeep customer support.

sofaspudKTM 10-30-2012 12:49 PM

Wheel Covers is more accurate-you cannot tell they are not Chrome Limited 18's. Until I was wiping them down and they were "moving". I pulled it off and there were the Stock Laredo painted wheels.
So not on the sticker Fred-my dealer got it in a dealer swap so I could get what I wanted. To HIS surprise HE said "the other dealer upgraded it to the chrome wheels". Sure looked like it to me-until I washed it and went to shine the wheels.

sofaspudKTM 10-30-2012 02:47 PM

OK I have looked-some anyway-how do i post pics?

eibyer 10-30-2012 03:49 PM

You can upload them to Photobucket and grab the IMG links from there or you can upload the pics directly as an attachment (if not too big) using the "Go Advanced" button in the reply box.