Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   whats wrong with my dash lights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/whats-wrong-with-my-dash-lights-4961.html)

jdubgrand 12-22-2009 11:24 PM

whats wrong with my dash lights

i ahve an 05 cherokee limited and all the interior lights work except for the lighting in the area below the stereo like where the air conditioning knobs are and the setup display, and c/t button are whats the problem ? all the dash light works fine except for the lights below the stereo

Hamze 12-22-2009 11:44 PM

Re: whats wrong with my dash lights

It Might be that either you have burnt Lamps on there, Or a bad fuse... Burnt Lights are a common issue with our jeeps though...

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-23-2009 01:45 AM

i have the same jeep as you and mine all went out. it is the LEDs inside that went out. there are pretty cheap replacements on ebay. i even upgraded to a limited setup for like $20 this summer.

saleen032 12-23-2009 08:26 AM

If all the bulbs went out in the Info center, A/C controls, and the bottom row of switches too, then it may be something else.. They are 3 seperate units and it would be a real coincedince if all the bulbs went at the same time...Check fuses just for the heck of it...

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-23-2009 09:45 AM

you should be able to find the diagram of the fuses on wkjeeps.com

sanitarium16 12-23-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 120140)
i have the same jeep as you and mine all went out. it is the LEDs inside that went out. there are pretty cheap replacements on ebay. i even upgraded to a limited setup for like $20 this summer.

Whats the difference on the limited? How did you do it?

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-23-2009 02:00 PM

the limited has a chrome trim around the dials. the LEDs are sealed inside the housing so i figured it would be easier to replace than to take it apart and change out the bulbs since i hate wiring. i just searched ebay for the part and bought a new one and it is all plug and play. i would check your fuses first since they have more lights out than i did. i only lost the lights in the dials.

sanitarium16 12-23-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 120252)
the limited has a chrome trim around the dials. the LEDs are sealed inside the housing so i figured it would be easier to replace than to take it apart and change out the bulbs since i hate wiring. i just searched ebay for the part and bought a new one and it is all plug and play. i would check your fuses first since they have more lights out than i did. i only lost the lights in the dials.

ahh i see, in 2007+ they added the chrome rings to the laredos. Mine has them already

saleen032 12-23-2009 04:11 PM

dont all the limiteds have the auto temp control? This unit has 4 dials and dual temp controls, and would not work in the Laredos.....I could be wrong though...The one with the chrome around the rings is just an updated Laredo unit.....They changed it up a bit to update the interior ...The Laredo units only have 3 dials

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-23-2009 08:46 PM

yes, it must just be the updated dials. i like them way more than the original 05 dials

jdubgrand 12-23-2009 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the lights that are out on my dash console

jdubgrand 12-23-2009 11:27 PM

so the dash lights are a common problem ? are the gauge clusters as well