Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Front Passenger Washer Nozzle (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/front-passenger-washer-nozzle-49637.html)

brent 10-30-2012 09:49 PM

Front Passenger Washer Nozzle

After a year of it not working properly, this Washington rain has made me look into my passenger washer fluid nozzle not working.

Turns out, the plastic on the nozzle broke off and the hose is just hanging inside the hood engine silencer pad.

I'm going to nut up and buy some of those clips and two new nozzles (may as well do both). You would not believe how brittle that plastic on the washer nozzle is. I suspect engine heat and time have not treated these plastic bits very well. I just had to roll the rubber elbow between my thumb and index finger to break up the remaining pieces inside that fitting to clean it out.

Is it possible to remove those snaps that hold the hood silencer in place? I used a trim stick to try to pry those suckers out and no go! I'd like to reuse them, but I'm guessing they're a single use item.

05HemiJeepFan 11-28-2012 04:09 PM

Re: Front Passenger Washer Nozzle

From what I have read you have to cut them and replace them.

But someone else may know better.

brent 11-29-2012 12:12 AM

Ya, that's what I found out. Cut the heads and push the plastic bits back inside. You can use a shop vac to remove them through the larger holes in the gutters.

suzieque 11-29-2012 07:17 AM

After replacing the passenger nozzle twice, I've gotten good at peeling back th under hood insulation and popping out the nozzle. I now carry spare nozzles, found a guy on ebay selling 2 nozzles for $16.

connie 11-29-2012 08:22 AM

I faced the same problem yesterday. Passenger side nozzle broke. I went to the dealer and bought a replacement one for 13 euros. I asked him why that happened and he explained it's the mixture of water and cleaning/antifreeze liquid, perhaps the mixture was more on the cleaning/antifreeze liquid side that cause the plastic nozzle (the piece under the hood) to dry and break.
The snaps holding the silencer, just cut them/break them and replace altho i feel you can do this fix without removing the silencer (at least i did not remove it)

05wkguy 11-29-2012 01:38 PM

Did the same thing this summer, replaced both nozzles after they decided to lose the little piece inside that makes them spray. Happened within 30 days of each other. I was able to pop most of the insulator holders out with a trim tool but still broke some of them. I bought a package of generic plastic trim trees for $5 to replace them.