Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Stock "Appearance" Rock Sliders? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/stock-appearance-rock-sliders-49659.html)

ooja3k 10-31-2012 11:30 AM

Stock "Appearance" Rock Sliders?

Does anyone know if any exist?

I would love to add some protection, but I hate how the Mopar option has the huge tubes.

The Rocky road ones look ok, but the website doesn't have any good pictures of the version without the extra tubes.

I would like something that mimics stock plastic shape, but offers increased protection.

Is there something like this out there?

Thanks,
Ryan

rubicontrail.net 10-31-2012 12:16 PM

Re: Stock "Appearance" Rock Sliders?

The Trailhawk ones don't have the tubes. Not sure if they are available from Mopar Parts yet.

ooja3k 10-31-2012 12:22 PM

Those are EXACTLY what I am looking for.

Just need to find a part number and price :)

Rich Lee 10-31-2012 11:38 PM

Yeh, i wish there was another option too. The mopar ones look a little clunky and i keep hearing about how far out the RR stick out...

would like to see them in person...

ooja3k 11-01-2012 09:42 AM

Well I have emailed justforjeeps, moparparts, wk2jeeps, and called the local dealer looking for info in the trail hawk rock rails. Hopefully one of them will be able to find out some info...

I love the price of the rocky-road ones, but the fact that they don't extend all the way to the wheel wells is a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Raptor 11-01-2012 03:47 PM

Are you guys saying the Trailhawk rocker protection parts are different than the regular OEM Mopar rockrails??

If this is true get me an actual VIN for a Trailhawk Edition WK2 that has these different OEM rockrails and I will get a Mopar part # for them! :thumbsup:

ooja3k 11-01-2012 04:02 PM

Thats what my dealer said they were going to do if they had one on the lot.

They are definitely good looking rock rails on the Trailhawk.

Alaska-HWY JK 11-01-2012 04:58 PM

The original Mopar rock rails do stick out to offer protection. If you use your GC like McMombLV you would appreciate them. They look better with a rim with less offset 18-25mm than with the stock rims. They are solid and will protect the door sills well. Anything can be destroyed if abused long enough and hard enough though. The Trail Hawk version does look good though and should be cheaper, less material and welding.

rs153719 12-10-2012 10:27 AM

The Rocky-Road rock sliders look slim and fit the WK2 nicely. Im not one to rock climb in a $35,000 jeep but Id like Some additional protection. Would love for someone to post some pictures of their rocky-road rock sliders.

Raptor 12-19-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooja3k (Post 705684)
Thats what my dealer said they were going to do if they had one on the lot.

They are definitely good looking rock rails on the Trailhawk.

What a pain in the ass trying to get part #'s for these "Trailhawk" Rockrails!

The Mopar parts catalog isn't listing the right part #'s yet.
It only lists the incorrect plastic door sill trim mouldings found on all the other non SRT WK2's mounted with six plastic rivits, not the steel Trailhawk rock rails that look to be mounted on three metals studs w/nuts and washers.
The Jeep production code for these steel "Trailhawk" Rockrails is {MMU}

An installation "kit" may be required to mount these as a regular WK2 doesn't have the three threaded studs under the door sills, hopefully they can be inserted into holes already in the unibody after the OEM plastic door sill trim is removed.

I'll post those #'s as soon as they become available. :thumbsup:

Right now "most" Dealer parts counter guys have no idea, and try to tell me these parts are not factory installed OEM, but dealer installed rockrails from the Accessory Catalog, {Mopar part#82212157}, but they clearly are different! :(

Stay tuned!

Kev. 02-05-2013 06:11 AM

Guys,

As posted in the other thread - mopar.com now lists the Trailhawk rock rails:

Rock Rails - 82213525 | Mopar

Part No. 82213525

Kev.

Alaska-HWY JK 02-05-2013 08:32 AM

Isn't that pricier than the ones with the tubes?