Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Rock Rails/Tow Hook pricing/installation costs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/rock-rails-tow-hook-pricing-installation-costs-49730.html)

Wxchaser 11-01-2012 10:24 PM

Rock Rails/Tow Hook pricing/installation costs

I'm looking for some pricing help on the Mopar rock rails and front tow hooks for my '12 Overland GC.

Looking for a reasonable combo deal on installing both items at the same time. Mopar accessories shows $868 for the rock rails & $181.00 apiece for tow hooks. Since I plan on having a nearby dealership do the installation - I'd like to get a discount on the pricing of parts.

The second part of the equation involves how much it will cost having the rock rails installed (pretty involved and I don't have everything I need to do it myself, plus I certainly don't have the patience to do it right! - the install PDF is here). Honestly I have no clue of how many shop hours it would take to do the rock rails or the tow hooks, but especially the rock rails. I'd just like to get an idea from anyone else who've had this done about how much time it could take.

Thanks for any help or advice for help on my near future upgrades.

runamuck21 11-02-2012 03:54 AM

Re: Rock Rails/Tow Hook pricing/installation costs

Tow hooks are an hour job don't waste your money; haven't gotten to rock rails yet

kkreit01 11-02-2012 11:57 AM

I hope that price is for the chrome tow hooks. I thought they were only sold in pairs? The black ones can be had for $150-180/pair.

Wxchaser 11-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 706014)
I hope that price is for the chrome tow hooks. I thought they were only sold in pairs? The black ones can be had for $150-180/pair.

I'll have to check to make sure - the tow hooks are just the last item I need other than the rock rails to be trail ready. All my skids have been on for a year.

I just think the shop I want to use, in a rural location, has probably yet to ever mount any rock rails on their Jeeps - so I am a bit leery of installation cost/quality.

rich mac 11-02-2012 07:54 PM

Black tow hooks can be had for about $130 for the pair. I'm a 63 year old fat guy and I installed them in about an hour. Chrome or black, the installation is the same. Several threads here about the installation.

Jahkneefive 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

Yep should be bout 170-180 for the pair. They'll include a copy of the directions in the box. Shop timel is 1.2hrs, and its failry easy to do yourself. If you need a copy of the directions let me know I have the pdf around here somewhere. All you need is a trim tool to pop the push pins on the bumper and a basic socket set.

secamp 11-19-2012 04:41 PM

My Jeep mechanic installed my rock rails. It was the first and last time for him. He said it was a huge PITA and it took him like 6 hours with a lift and help.

Scsigman 11-20-2012 01:42 PM

Everywhere I have read on the mopar rock rails has said it is a pain that's from shops dealers and people doing it at home I would defenitly pay to get the rock rails put on and just do the tow hooks yourself