Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   ABS light and "Service Elec Brake System" and gas mileage gone to 6mpg (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/abs-light-and-service-elec-brake-system-and-gas-mileage-gone-to-6mpg-49769.html)

adlegs 11-02-2012 06:45 PM

ABS light and "Service Elec Brake System" and gas mileage gone to 6mpg

This all started after I got the tires replaced... and of course the shop says they did nothing that could have caused it...
I am getting an erratic ABS light with the message "Service Elec Brake System" and the gas mileage goes to crap. When the lights come on the jeep feels like I have to force it to move and when I take my foot off the gas it slows down quicker than normal. I cant figure out if it is the brakes or the tranny downshifting or not shifting????:confused: I did get a WSS code for the right rear but it cleared after I cleaned it.. figured they got brake dust on it when they replaced the tires. I am STUPMED:confused::confused::confused:

Madanio24 11-02-2012 08:16 PM

Re: ABS light and "Service Elec Brake System" and gas mileage gone to 6mpg

on my jeep i got all of this and it was a wheel speed sensor.

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-02-2012 08:29 PM

definately a wheel speed sensor

adlegs 11-03-2012 06:55 AM

Thanks gentlemen! I will replace and update!

Madanio24 11-03-2012 10:10 AM

check for codes. on mine the code came back as left rear speed sensor.

adlegs 11-04-2012 09:48 AM

I was wrong... mine is also the left rear sensor... I am going to replace it and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks

adlegs 11-05-2012 11:16 PM

so far so good!! looks like that did the trick. Thank You all for your input!!:thumbsup:

Madanio24 11-05-2012 11:30 PM

Glad you got it resolved.

pameyer 02-23-2013 08:27 PM

Hey guys I started to get this exact thing with my 05 Grand Cherokee. But in addition I also get all my interior dash lights and such all light up at once and flash and then stop for a bit. The dash lights flicker out too then come back.

Aferalhamster 03-07-2013 10:42 AM

the ABS light and service elec brake system came up on my wifes 05 2 days ago (she neglected to tell me) and this morning the left rear brake is locking up. I tried to go from a stop and the it locked and I had to drag the wheel around the corner to a parking spot. the traction control light is also on and I'm getting a service 4 wheel drive system warning.

Any ideas?

Aferalhamster 03-07-2013 10:56 AM

the ABS light and service elec brake system came up on my wifes 05 2 days ago (she neglected to tell me) and this morning the left rear brake is locking up. I tried to go from a stop and the it locked and I had to drag the wheel around the corner to a parking spot. the traction control light is also on and I'm getting a service 4 wheel drive system warning.

Any ideas?

Madanio24 03-07-2013 12:18 PM

Falty wheel speed sensor