Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

275/55/20 GY Silent Armor (pics)

24K views 61 replies 21 participants last post by  joenjulie 
#1 ·
After much research decided to upgrade to 275/55 GY Silent Armor's

See less See more
#8 ·
HOW MUCH QUIETER ARE THEY FROM THE FORETERA'S.i had to replace all 4 tires so chrysler would fix a noise i had in my front end thats a long story any how i did not want to put the stock tires back on but i was afraid if i changed anything and the noise was still there they would say it was the tires.i ran a set of silent armor on my 96 before trading it but other than that ran AT REVOS on all 3 grands except this one

#13 ·
Any updates on MPG or still no tracking? If you don't mind, check your EVIC MPG. I realize its not acurate as I don't know how it compares to when you have the previous stock tires but I'd like to see if its 10-11 or still 13-14. If you don't mind please tell me roughly what your split is between HWY/CITY driving in a percentage. 70/30 50/50 etc

Thanks very much!

Trying to pick between
Copper ZEON LTZ
Copper DISCOVERER AT3
Goodyear WRANGLER Silent Armor

#14 ·
BTW Thanks for all the great pictures, gives me an idea what mine would look like.

#17 ·
Not sure yet, however it started March 4th, for a month or two the SA Goodyears are on rebate, 80 more bucks back when you buy four. Not Sure though, trying to find something more aggressive, good in the snow etc compared to the OEM tires but won't take away 1-2 MPG, I mean 1-2 isn't much but it adds up over 22 gallon tank refills. I already only average 12-14 and drive lot. Lack of options in 20" size, let alone the actual OEM size has next to no options.

#21 ·
Yep by about 4-5% The new setup is about 1.5 inch taller then the original setup.

#25 ·
I have had mine on for about a month now. EVIC MPG readings are about 1-1.5mpg lower. Not sure how much of this is due to speedo error, but I am sure some of the decline is tire related. They feel amazing, quiet and responsive. Great grip.

#34 · (Edited)
I had Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my 02 and loved them. Great tread life, quieter than the Goodyears I replaced, no hydroplaning and excellent in snow. It's a 5-rib tread pattern so they aren't squirmy and handle great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.