Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Vibration Update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/vibration-update-4986.html)

psyco6string 12-25-2009 11:45 AM

Vibration Update

For anyone who cares ....here is an Email I recieved this morning from Chrysler regarding the vibration at highway speed I have been having.........Merry Christmas......Huh ?

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

I was sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction. I understand how this
might cause you inconvenience or concern and appreciate your time and
effort.

To review your concerns, per file 19168183, the service manager, at
BROWN'S JEEP CHRYSLER DODGE on 12/17/09 verified that the condition in
question is a function of your vehicle's design and is not a defect in
materials, workmanship, manufacturing, or factory preparation.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Robert Palmer 12-25-2009 12:07 PM

Re: Vibration Update

Wow, what a response. :rolleyes:

Great help they were.

Scottina06 12-25-2009 12:13 PM

I'm guessing you have the chrome limited wheels? If so....you need to find a wheel/tire shop tyhat uses/has the road force balancing system with the "finger" type mounting system. This will solve the vibration problem.

mitchelm 12-25-2009 01:07 PM

That stinks. The forums have indicated lots of issues with the chrome clad rims. You should have them checked out as mentioned before. Also, I got a real bad vibration after using fix a flat. When I finally got the tire plugged, there was a huge puddle inside the tire from the fix a flat. They rebalanced it and it was much better but not perfect. Just put on some winter blizzaks on the same rims and no vibration at all. Best of luck. If you continue to get problems, try your spare in place of each front wheel. Most likely coming from the front if its noticeable.

psyco6string 12-25-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 120921)
I'm guessing you have the chrome limited wheels? If so....you need to find a wheel/tire shop tyhat uses/has the road force balancing system with the "finger" type mounting system. This will solve the vibration problem.

Thanx, I did have them road force balanced when I put the new tires on last month but they used a cone type fixture as per Chrysler spec, Gonna try a non dealer with Hunter machine and see about the finger adapter .

1 GRAND 12-26-2009 02:10 AM

Good luck getting it resolved. Vibes and rattles kill me.

ducks unlimited 12-26-2009 04:39 PM

chrysler doesnt care they just want your money!

ducks unlimited 12-26-2009 04:49 PM

i remember i had a problem with my jeep 2 weeks after i bought it and i called chrysler and they basically told me to go **** myself and they couldnt help me

ducks unlimited 12-26-2009 04:51 PM

http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/

Joe in PA 12-26-2009 05:14 PM

Although I've been a Jeep man for over 30yrs, I never have and never will purchase one new. The warranty & service from the stealerships ain't worth a damn. The parts department will screw you on price, smile as you walk out the door and turn around to sell the exact same part to those on the inside for 33 to 50% less. I would never take my Jeeps to a stealership for repair work either. You are much better off learning how to work on your Jeep and or finding a private garage with a qualified & trustworthy mechanic. The stealerships only real concern is selling you a new Jeep and as soon as that happens, attempting to get you to buy another as soon as they can.

psyco6string 12-26-2009 05:21 PM

Guess I was smart to buy the unlimited warranty........Funny , I never hed this problem with my ZJ or WJ

wkearney99 02-07-2010 03:44 PM

I've actually had decent luck with warranty (factory and extended) coverage and work by the dealer (Tyson's Jeep). Go figure. Also just had a new set of Revo2 tires put on at the McClean, VA Firestone shop. Smooth as a glass even 85+.